NinjaCat (51-200 Employees, 10% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
NinjaCat is a digital marketing performance management platform that provides brands, agencies and media companies tools to collect, connect, analyze, and present marketing data in a meaningful way. Our data management and reporting solutions empower teams to communicate quickly and insightfully about the effectiveness of their marketing efforts at scale.
Our mission is to build a company that everyone wishes they were a part of and the proof is in the pudding: we were featured by Inc. Magazine as one of the best places to work (2 years in a row!) and 2020 AdAge best places to work. If that weren’t enough: we work remotely (work from anywhere!), offer great perks and have a unique culture built on our core values of compassion, action and trust. We recently raised a significant amount of capital, built a best-in-class leadership team, and we’re executing on a product vision that will transform the marketing analytics industry. We would love to have you be part of it. Learn more at www.ninjacat.io.
As a Product Manager, you will…
The Product Manager role exists to bridge the gap between customers, internal stakeholders and technology. It’s a hub-and-spoke role that translates information from all departments into a concise set of product requirements that developers can execute on. Each Product Manager has ownership of a different area of the product, and along with their technical counterparts is accountable to lead their team towards achieving a variety of product missions. Product Managers need to balance the inputs and make tough tradeoffs in order to ensure we are making good product decisions that allow us to grow and retain our customer base. The Product Manager is a member of the Product Team, and reports to the Director of Product.
This particular Product Manager role will be focused on technical capabilities in our platform, including data querying and data transofmrations. As such, a moderate level of experience and understanding with SQL is highly desired.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into prioritized requirements for their team
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly
- Provide internal training on how to use the product
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities
- Maintain basic understanding of technology decisions to ensure effective team support
- Partner with Product Designers to define functional requirements for new features
- Anticipate risks, roadblocks and engage with cross-functional leaders to overcome them
- Ensure that products coming out of their team meet customer, business and software quality expectations
- Manage the roadmap for the products in their portfolio
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to gather and prioritize feedback to drive innovation and increase client adoption and retention
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems
- Communicate and inspire teams about the future of the products in their portfolio
- Partner closely with development leadership to ensure there is a healthy balance of product growth, and engineering quality
- Track the health of the products in their portfolio along with KPIs
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Conduct research to test product hypotheses and uncover insights to make better decisions
Things that will make you stand out:
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically
- Experience working with design teams and solving UX problems
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience directly interacting with various types of databases
- Technical experience using APIs
- Business experience (e.g. financial modeling)
- Experience with experiment methodologies
Experience in our technologies including:
- 3+ years in product management or a role managing teams
- 5+ years working at a software company
- Direct experience working side-by-side with developers
- Experience writing complex requirements to solve ambiguous problems
- Knowledge with our most used technologies, such as Big Data and Microservices
- Experience with agile processes and an agile SDLC framework, such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Knowledge of how NinjaCat works from our published information
- Experience with Advertiser / Marketing applications or industry
Cash compensation for this position in Colorado includes a base salary in the range of $95,000 to $115,000 USD and may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills and experience. In addition to base salary, all employees are given stock option grants when hired.
- An awesome place to work (Inc Magazine – Best Place To Work, and Glassdoor 5 Star Rating)
- Work from home or wherever you are most productive (We are 100% remote!)
- Fast growing company (Rated #51 by Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies)
- Unlimited paid time off policy and flexible work environment
- Running a 4-day work week trial for all employees during Q3!
- Supportive and fun work culture
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Work alongside an incredible CEO, and a fantastic team