SidelineSwap (11-50 Employees, 9% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SidelineSwap is the #1 online marketplace in sports. Since we launched in 2015, more than a million athletes have joined our community to buy and sell their gear and we were recently named one of the fastest growing marketplaces on Andreessen Horowitz’s A16z Top 100 marketplace list (https://future.a16z.com/marketplace-100/).
Our small team is fully-remote (mostly US East Coast.) We prefer candidates who can work on standard East Coast working hours.
Join us as we empower athletes by increasing access to sports.
Own and improve a collaborative product development process to ensure fast, successful execution of strategic initiatives and continuous wins for customers.
- Works closely with CEO and VP Engineering to manage high-level roadmap and prioritization of all product initiatives
- Works closely with our customer experience and other business stakeholders to synthesize and prioritize incoming requests, then turns it into work that’s ready for engineering and design.
- Works closely with designers to build new features and improve existing ones. Knows what good UX / UI looks like and is a key thought partner throughout the design process.
- Facilitates cross-functional team meetings with business stakeholders and designers. Continuously provides visibility into status of projects and overall roadmap.
- Triage incoming tickets, determine who the right engineering stakeholder is and whether or not the issue is enough of a priority to bring into the current sprint.
- Ensures sprints are organized and efficient. Extracts all required information from engineering / business / design before work gets planned. Quickly responds to questions from engineering throughout sprints and QA cycles.
- Manage release cycles for mobile apps.
- Strong analyst who understands the levers that drive our business. Builds dashboards to track core conversion funnels and the impact of recently shipped features. Plans work based on those insights.
Competencies for this role
- First-principles problem solver. Go above and beyond to turn analytic insights, ideas and customer feedback into wins for customers and the business. You don’t just solve the problem in front of you, but you look for broader themes within the context of our systems to deliver step function improvements.
- Strong communicator and facilitator. Synthesizes incoming requests from team members and customers. Team should look to you as a person who can help them get things done. Very comfortable facilitating team meetings and proactively identifies and eliminates information silos.
- Force multiplier for engineering teams. Takes pride in improving processes so that our engineers can perform at their best. This includes triaging incoming tickets, working with design and business stakeholders to prepare work before it gets to engineering, and ensuring all planned work has the necessary documentation.
- Growth-oriented builder. Strong analytical thinker who understands how to pull the key levers of our business to drive desired outcomes. Experienced working in resource constrained environments that require scrappiness and ruthless prioritization. Comfortable failing (test and learn!) but has great instincts and is right much more often than wrong.
- Excellence. Passion for the craft. Holds a high standard for themselves and those around them.
- Entrepreneurial. Creative problem solver who constantly seeks ways to innovate/improve on the status quo. Self-starter who can prioritize effectively. Willing to take risks and fail. Intellectually curious about everything they do.
- Trust. Willing to trust their teammates to do their jobs well. Attempts to see problems from opposing perspectives.
- Communication. Has strong opinions, loosely held. Effectively communicates opinions. Honest – doesn’t beat around the bush when delivering critical feedback and can explain why that feedback is appropriate.
- Coachable. Willing to be pushed outside their comfort zone. Constantly seeks feedback and takes that feedback well. Always looks for ways to improve based on feedback.
- 4+ years of experience in product management roles, including 1-2 years experience working on a consumer, e-commerce, or marketplace product
- Experience with modern analytics / BI tools (SQL, Amplitude, Firebase, Google Analytics, Hotjar, etc)
- Experience working closely with product designers and comfortable in modern design tools (Figma)
- Experience optimizing engineering processes, including Jira performance insights.