Teachable (201-500 Employees, 49% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Teachable, we put our creators first. The knowledge economy is nascent and rapidly changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and who are excited to work on products that enable our creators’ success.
One of the reasons Teachable has been able to support our creators is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with design, engineering, marketing etc. to design and develop value-added experiences for our creators and their businesses.
The Money Crew’s mission is to enable frictionless, flexible, and complete solutions that partner with creators’ in growing their businesses. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from inception to launch by connecting the business and technical worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps for speed-to-market. Additionally, you will work closely with internal partners to develop an aligned strategy and roadmap. This is a highly visible role, with a unique cross functional scope.
- Partner with a Product Designer and an Engineering Lead to guide the pod in its mission.
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of initiatives to achieve short and long term goals. Responsible for outlining roadmaps, requirements, goals and constraints.
- Partner with other pod leads in the Money crew to define and drive a subset of its strategy and roadmap.
- Conduct market research, qualitative research, quantitative analysis and generally constantly seek out more knowledge about the market and the customer.
- Be primarily accountable for smooth and impactful planning, go-to-market execution and customer adoption of the pod’s outputs.
- Play the role of Product Owner in the pod’s Scrum process.
- Be a conduit of information regarding factors guiding the pod’s work.
- Be primarily accountable for keeping all the pod’s collaborators, partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties informed of the pod’s affairs.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years of experience building software products, preferably in or around e-commerce, fintech, payments, or other highly relevant complex space with a high degree of regulatory sensitivities.
- Bias for action, with experience with delivering successfully against regulatory / compliance requirements and leveraging project management fundamentals (i.e. project planning, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- A metrics-driven approach and ability to dive into data sources to demonstrate your strategy and results.
- Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances thinking big with a strong customer and quality focus.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to thrive in a startup culture (e.g. fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.)
Preferred Domain Experience
- Experience with consumer internet products or marketplaces.
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on platform products – building products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers (tax, financial, payments, compliance or risk related products is a plus.)
- Integrations with 3rd party providers.
- Vendor management
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.