Novi Connect (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Since experience comes in many forms, and imposter syndrome is real, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you check every box. Many skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Novi, our mission is to enable the future of consumer product development for a healthier people and planet.
As consumers continue to demand greater transparency and accountability for the products they use, sustainability is no longer optional. That’s why we’ve built a data-rich marketplace and formulation tools that have enabled consumer brands to bring thousands of products to market with more sustainable ingredients and packaging. While our roots are in the wellness and personal care category, we’re growing to serve a broader set of markets, including food, household cleaning, and more.
The opportunity in front of us is vast (a $1.5T market), our mission is urgent, and we’re well-funded by top-tier VC firms (Defy, Greylock, and Tiger Global) who are making the investments required to achieve it. We’re looking for talented people passionate about sustainability to join us in building the future of consumer product development. If that’s you, let’s talk!
What We’re Looking For
Today, Novi works with hundreds of the fastest-growing beauty and personal care brands, major retailers, and top global CPGs. We’ve found a strong fit with our policy verification tools and are seeing growing traction for our marketplace of preferred formulators, manufacturers, and suppliers that enable brands to create the transparent, sustainable products that their consumers demand. The industry we’re tackling is fragmented and complicated, and the value we can bring is enormous.
A key ingredient for Novi to realize that potential will be how effectively we position our brand and offering in the market, communicate the value we can deliver for each member of our network (brands, formulators, suppliers, and manufacturers), and engage and guide our users to get more value out of Novi.
That’s why we’re looking for a creative, strategic, and deeply empathetic product marketing and customer marketing lead who can help us achieve those goals. In this role, reporting to the VP of GTM & Strategy, you will:
- Partner with product, GTM, and operations teams to translate customer insight into positioning, messaging, voice and tone, segmentation, in-product user journeys, and marketing campaigns that help our customers and prospects to see (and take advantage of) more of Novi’s value.
- Design go-to-market strategies that are grounded in customer empathy and inspire our audiences to leverage Novi’s platform to achieve their goals and push the industry towards transparency and sustainability
- Craft clear and compelling marketing assets that generate understanding and excitement about Novi’s value, network, and vision
- Build the playbook — and ultimately the team — for product marketing and customer marketing at Novi
- 7+ years of relevant experience in product marketing, customer/lifecycle marketing, product management, and/or go-to-market strategy for an SMB-oriented product, ideally including early stage start-ups and SaaS/marketplace businesses
- Equal parts strategy and execution, deriving energy both from creating an inspiring vision and from seeing executing complex plans down to the last critical details.
- A bias for action, testing, and feedback loops, with an uncanny ability to blend quantitative and qualitative insights to drive strategy
- Comfort rolling up your sleeves in a high-growth environment where the playbook is still being written
- Experience leading and delivering cross-functional projects with a sense of ownership, influence, and self-accountability
- Clear and persuasive written and verbal communication, with the ability to energize both internal and external customers
- A growth mindset with the tenacity and resilience to adapt to unexpected learnings and results to push the business forward.
- Excited to be part of a curious and empathetic culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- A passion for making a more transparent and sustainable world, and for working at a strongly mission driven company.
- Familiarity and comfort with marketing tools like Intercom, Hubspot, and Webflow
Life at Novi
One of Novi’s core values is “whole people” and we believe in self care and bringing our best selves to work. Novi’s early team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and domains, and we will continue to foster diversity and inclusion, since it is critical to achieving our mission. Come join us in building the future of consumer product development.
Unlimited vacation time
Monthly team-building activities (the fun kind!)
Monthly flexible spend on PerkUp, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates
Remote hardware setup and WFH stipend
Robust paid parental/foster/adoption leave
Competitive salary, benefits and equity packages for all employees