ioby (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ioby seeks a Product Marketing Director to join our small and growing national team. Reporting to the CEO, the Product Marketing Director will be responsible for setting the organization’s marketing strategy including inbound marketing and lifecycle marketing, and will play a critical role in shaping the way ioby changes our products and services grounded in learnings from our work responding to the many crises of the past two years.
ioby’s ideal candidate must be committed to racial justice and asset-based ethical storytelling, comfortable and experienced in reprioritization, excited to collaborate closely with ioby’s product, communications, and support teams, and be the expert in product marketing for our team with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
This is a full-time role.
Qualified candidates must have the following characteristics:
- 2+ years experience managing staff
- Experience building a lifecycle marketing strategy that includes organic and paid reach, lead generation, customer conversion, and remarketing strategies
- A natural planner who is able to quickly recalibrate priorities and convert requests from various teams into a manageable and organized workload for the Community and Marketing team
- Civic-minded; dedicated to ioby’s mission to invest in civic leaders
- Committed to Antiracism; Desire to contribute to a Racial, Equity, and Inclusion framework at a company or nonprofit organization, including ioby’s Digital Inclusion Policy
- Committed to working equitably across lines of reporting
- Demonstrated success with inbound marketing, content calendars, and content marketing
- Experience building email nurturing series in Hubspot or other email automation tool
- Experience managing a marketing and ads budget and a number of simultaneous marketing campaigns, including evaluation and insights
- Experience managing SEO, digital & social media channels; growing and building trust with audience
- Experience setting and measuring progress on marketing goals, and in translating business goals into marketing strategies
- Nimble, flexible, strong in reprioritization
- Thoughtful, tactful, and considerate of a variety of audience backgrounds
- Thrilled by the idea of reinventing ioby’s product and service offerings grounded in lessons learned through serving and co-creating with the communities we served during the many crises of 2020 and 2021.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work setting
Extraordinary candidates may have the following nice-to-have characteristics:
- 3 years leading a digital marketing team
- Experience working with software engineers or product managers to accomplish marketing and customer journey goals
- Experience working with UX staff to optimize the customer journey and deepen customer relationships
- A working understanding of tech accessibility and tech equity
- Experience building a comms and marketing team from the ground up in a growing organization
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Experience working with and contributing to a Racial, Equity, and Inclusion framework at a company or nonprofit organization
- Experience writing technical requirements and selecting an email automation tool
ioby is a distributed team. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the United States. This job may require occasional work hours outside of ioby’s regular business hours (9am–6pm Eastern; Monday through Friday) and some occasional travel.
ioby is a tech-powered nonprofit, and is designed to be responsive to the communities we serve. As a result, we constantly evolve our program offerings and technology products to serve best, and we strive to move at a fast pace on balance with our resources and working in relationship with our community.
Our team is distributed across the country so we use a variety of online tools for project management and communication. You’ll be expected to bring new ideas and strategies and bring an attitude of continuous improvement to contribute to a strong and innovative culture. For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a mission-driven, community-based organization that is contributing to a broad movement of resident-led neighborhood development.
ioby is dedicated to continuously improving our work to become more anti-racist. We have a written commitment to racial equity published here: https://ioby.org/equity which includes a link to our Hiring Practices: https://ioby.org/hiring-practices Please join us on this journey!
To apply, please fill out the application form through workable and attach including your resume and cover letter describing why you want to work at ioby.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, May 20, 2022
ioby’s Non-Discrimination Policy:
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
Women, people of color and LGBTQ people are always strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, salaried position and includes a generous benefit package (including full coverage for health, vision, and dental; 27 vacation days; 10 sick days; at least 8 holidays; a 401(k); and an attractive “Whole Person” policy).
ioby sets salary bands in three regions. This position is salary grade 5.
Region 1 is for locations that are 80%-100% of the cost of living of New York or San Francisco.
Region 2 is for locations that are 36%-79% of the cost of living of New York or San Francisco; for employees in Region 2 we pay 85% of Region 1.
Region 3 is for locations that are less than 36% of the cost of living of New York or San Francisco; for employees in Region 3 we pay 75% of Region 1.
The salary range for this position in Region 1 is $70,000 – $80,500, Region 2 is $59,500 – $70,125, Region 3 is $52,550 – $61,875.