Timescale (51-200 Employees, 140% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Timescale is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to help us take our category-defining time-series database and other new products to market. A Product Marketing Manager defines the story behind a product, helping us crisply define the audience for our product, craft the proper positioning and messaging for the product to meet the audience’s needs, and drive the launch and continued success of the product in-market.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Timescale, partnering across Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and the rest of the marketing team. Product Marketing works across the entire product lifecycle, helping shape the scope and features of the product, driving launch and go-to-market strategy/execution, and working with our Growth and Developer Advocacy teams to grow adoption post-launch.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage company with a clear set of products on the horizon. We need you to help us talk about it the right way, land it with our customer base, and iterate on future versions. If you have experience launching products at a startup and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
This role is remote can candidates can be located in any of the North American or European time zones.
- Craft the story and message for our products and future products
- Use data (including social media experiments, user research, market insights, and product understanding) to hone messaging, identify the best go-to-market strategies, and segment the market most effectively
- Organize and write our sales enablement materials and roll them out to our sales team
- Talk regularly to users and prospects, building listening mechanisms for both yourself, the broader marketing team, and the entire company
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Regularly and proactively synthesize and share information about our market, customers, and product assets and liabilities to the broader company.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years working with developers and/or databases, preferred experience at a database or a developer tools company.
- 2+ years as a Product Marketing Manager (if you are a database user as a developer or tech PM that has a passion for product marketing please apply!)
- You are a gifted storyteller who combines your deep empathy for developers with extensive industry knowledge to weave together the many disparate features and products we offer into a cohesive narrative.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills. You can work across the team, across roles, and synthesize viewpoints and reach consensus.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make developers successful.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Works well independently and remotely.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us .
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets , sweating it out during lunch , talking about your kids, whether they be actual children , potted plants , or four-legged creatures ? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)