Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That’s why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
Right now, we need the help of a skilled Product Marketer to position the uniqueness of what we do and communicate it to our audience. We have a very product-led growth model which is really working, so this is about articulating points directly to people, not feeding content to a sales team.
- Position Self-Service Analytics (what we excel at) and Enabling Laziness (how we do it) as the way to empower teams with data and accelerate decision making within organizations.
- Figure out how to do it by talking to users and prospects and distilling insights from their experiences, then iterating on our messaging, from the high-level to the details
- Focus on driving users to try Metabase, not by talking about it. We’re all in on “Show, not tell”.
- Own launches, blog posts and other release-related channels
- Systematically grow our website surface area to encourage folks to try the product out and opportunistically create one-off landing pages for specific situations (eg, a competitor being acquired)
- Biased towards action and outcomes
- Excited to work asynchronously in a global team
- Skilled with words but offended by buzzwords
- Physically unable to work on a solution unless they really understand the problem
- Able to communicate with different audiences in coherent ways (geek vs business vs analytics, self-hosters vs cloud customers, international visitors, etc)
Skills and Experience
- To have marketed products which grow from bottom-up usage, not top-down sales
- To have marketed/positioned technical products well
- To have enough technical understanding to get how we fit into the space and the overall analytics stack. You don’t need to know that upfront, but need to have some transferable experience to show you can learn it.
- Skills you don’t need: Social, Design, SQL, Programming, Cooking.
We’re a global team (50% outside of the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to Hawaii), who gets things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers.
We’re relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks.
If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join our team. We’d love to hear from you.