Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 271% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a product operations leader with a passion for building strong relationships across teams and aligning objectives? Are you an expert communicator who can turn data into insights? Are you a quick learner who is eager to grow in your career and take on more responsibility? If the answer is yes, keep reading!
As the Product Operations Manager for Thinkific’s R&D team, you’ll be responsible for aligning product support activities to company strategy. You will coordinate insights across R&D, align plans and resources to strategy, and operate as a servant leader for our growing Product Management team and broader R&D organization. You will foster teamwork across functions to help us gather insights, communicate, and innovate. If you like working at the center of the business to help others succeed, this is a role for you!
In this role, you will:
- Act as the voice of the Product Management team across the company, channeling our news and direction into irresistible communication to keep the company and our partners informed
- Lead and manage our product workflow, building connective tissue between product teams, customer-facing teams, leadership, and strategy
- Own and champion the tools and services used by Product Managers
- Align analytics and data engineering to product strategy by working with our Data team
- Strengthen product feedback loops and help get the right data from the right places into our product development process
- Align product experiments and sequencing to product strategy by working with our Growth team
- Own and lead NPS-related activities, turning feedback and sentiment data into insights and organizational understanding
- Coordinate customer insights and product strategy by working with our User Experience Research team
- Work across the R&D department to coordinate agendas, reviews and curation that keeps our workflow moving briskly
- Partner with the Engineering Operations & Culture team to help new R&D team members master their jobs and customer problems
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a Product Operations role, or 5 years of related experience in a product-led software environment
- Have experience with multiple software development methods and organizational models and understand the workflow required for success amid uncertainty
- Demonstrate a history of operational rigor and success as a servant leader
- Are a master communicator, drawing on storytelling skills and structured problem solving with an articulate style
- Operate curiously, analytically and in a data-driven manner. You turn data into insights and channel multiple sources of information into influential communication and you inspire this in others
- Are customer-obsessed, with a history of spreading insights and understanding
- Have an inner engineer that loves to know how systems work and tinker to make them better—this could be at work, at home, or in your personal life
- Work laterally, rarely staying in your own lane, to engage multiple points of view
- Take command of your time to get things done, set objectives, and clarify work. You relentlessly prioritize and creatively address challenges or blockers
- Are detail-oriented, flexible, scrappy and able to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Be humble, well aware of your own leadership style and have a love for learning
- Be willing and able to coach, mentor and develop the people around you with indirect influence rather than authority
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience in EdTech, e-Learning, ecommerce, mobile, digital marketing, growth or SaaS
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!