Healthfirst (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Product Owner will help create and deliver a best-in-class data platform and solutions. The individual will be responsible for leading a highly visible, fast paced team on the information management program. The role is expected to work across stakeholders in the business and IT to understand business value need to help define requirements for the technical roles on the team. The PO works with and represents stakeholders interests to prioritize and sequence the work (features/stories). They work to ensure that there is a clear line of communication between stakeholders and the delivery team. They are committed to the success of the teams and will do w hat is necessary to contribute to the overall growth and maturity of the team.
The Product Owner is an integral member of the project delivery team responsible for maximizing the ROI. He/she will work with the business to understand future state needs to inform and direct the project work. He/she is empowered by the organization to represent and make decisions for the end-users of the software being delivered. The individual will prioritize the Product Backlog and guide the roadmap for implementation. The Product Owner will iteratively work with the business and project delivery team to continuously improve the product and to address new challenges. The individual will be responsible for coordinating between the various businesses and IT teams to create end-to-end workflows that address both technical and business needs.
Project / Product Management
- Define & communicate the overall vision, objectives, goals and strategy for the new system. Build consensus and ensure alignment with the key stakeholders – business & IT and the project delivery team.
- Articulate the minimum viable product (MVP) needs.
- Build, socialize, prioritize and maintain the Product Backlog.
- Balance business priorities across multiple teams and negotiate commitments.
- Enable delivery of Product Backlog by presenting it to team: creating, owning and refining well-formed user stories and artifacts that describe and detail new products, features and services based on feedback from team, creating acceptance criteria with the team, and accepting stories as they are completed. Effectively communicate the use cases and user stories to project delivery team and various businesses.
- Lead work streams and discovery sessions with key business and IT stakeholders to define future state processes and workflows.
- Integrate industry best practices, end user research and other data into workflow and process design to ensure that we are maximizing efficiencies and ROI with new product while meeting end user needs.
- Support the further definition and prioritization benefits and goals and partner with the business teams to continually assess successes against them. Drive the collection of baseline and post-implementation data for key metrics and effectively use this data to improve product build.
- Be available as a resource to the project delivery teams through all phases of implementation – including development, testing and rollout.
- Represent the team throughout implementation to external stakeholders, leaders and other teams to ensure alignment. Provide Support to the Agile Program and ensure the team follows enterprise Agile standards. Provide feedback to program on enhancements for the Agile process.
- Coordinate with other Transformation portfolio Product Owners to ensure alignment and to build a cohesive end user experience
- Work with others (delivery leads, analysts) on the team to gather the appropriate depth of knowledge and requirements for desired future state features.
- Partner with business and technical stakeholders to drive innovative and strategic planning to gain short and long term ROI from the new system implementation/enhancements
- Champion change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Communicate and build consensus amongst business leadership on a best practice future state
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign that will allow us to accomplish objectives more quickly and at a higher level of probability
- Work one on one with each team member to ensure their growth and accountability to the team is achieved
Communication & Teamwork
- Effectively communicates relevant information to all levels of the organization
- Actively participates in organizational change management to ensure successful adoption of new processes and systems
- Partner with cross-functional business and IT teams to build, prioritize and define workflows and requirements
- Reinforces team approach throughout organization both on client projects and internal initiatives
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Create dynamic and a spirit of teamwork and collaboration
- Compliment the broader team with high quality and partnership
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned
- Create and maintain a healthy relationship with external vendors critical to project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution with a preferred area of study in medical delivery, technology, business, project management or other associated field
- 1-3 years’ technical experience in data management discipline in some capacity (PO, SM, Analyst, QA, Developer)
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a Product Owner
- Experience and track record of success directing the efforts of developers as a project manager or product owner in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Certified Scrum Product Owner professional
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry
- 1-3 years’ experience on AWS or other cloud technologies
- Ability to translate varying inputs, needs, ideas, and suggestions into dynamic logical solutions and technical specifications that satisfy objectives
- Experience developing, prototyping, and testing new processes, products, applications, or services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate amid cross-functional departments to achieve desired outcomes
Please note: Since we care so greatly about our employees’ and members’ wellbeing, Healthfirst is moving to an environment where our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective new team member, you must be fully vaccinated with a CDC/FDA approved COVID-19 shot(s) to work in our offices. If you are selected to interview for this role, we will explain our vaccination policy in further detail and ensure you are comfortable moving forward with this company policy.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid “@healthfirst.org” email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.