Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Code: 71000884
The Product Owner (PO) Sr Consultant is responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog to implement epics, features and stories in alignment with the program vision. The PO will work closely with other agile team members including the Release Train Engineer (RTE), System Architect, Product Managers and Scrum Master. A PO Sr Consultant II supports projects of moderate to high complexity. This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
- Provides expertise for multiple areas of the business through analysis and understanding of business needs; applies a broad knowledge of programs, policies, and procedures in a business area or technical field
- Heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for Program Increment (PI) planning
- Provides and writes story definition, including the clarifications necessary to assist with story and feature estimates and sequencing
- Leads Product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology and participates in technical walk-throughs
- Maintains team backlog which will consist of user stories, defects and enablers; backlog items will need to be prioritized based on business and risk user values, time and other team dependencies
- Uses appropriate tools and techniques to elicit and define requirements that address more complex business processes or projects of moderate to high complexity
- Validates stories meet test acceptance criteria
- Provides system demos for program stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the stories
- Collaborates with Product Manager on Story Maps, Customer Journey Maps, Program Roadmap and Program Vision
- Provides informal training to Band B and Band C1 members on the team
- Executes change control process to manage changes to base lined deliverables and scope for projects of moderate to high complexity
- Leads information gathering sessions
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Business Systems Analysis or Technical Product Ownership experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Preferred but not required Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification
- Experienced in writing stories
- P and C Insurance Industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
Tools and Technologies:
- Confluence, Jira
- Ability to read XML and json
- MS suite
- Preferred VersionOne and Azure DevOps
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $67,300.00-$100,000.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster click ‘here‘. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click ‘here‘. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.