The Modern Milkman (51-200 Employees, 574% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What’s it about?
This is a true greenfield opportunity. Rare and interesting, you will play a part in defining a market on new terms. Afraid to innovate? This won’t be for you. Worried about challenging the status quo even when the data suggests it dangerous not to? Probably not worth an application. You’ll be owning various customer products and be the Product Owner that come’s to the table already knowing your cost-out’s and be able to articulate your data driven decisions like one of Andy Murrays return volleys at Wimbledon.
You’ll see below that we’ve got big ambitions. You won’t be owning to protect, you’ll be owning to evolve (Launching the product in France? Let’s do it!). Everything we do is in house and we’re on the journey to be using some really cutting edge tech in the future. If you’ve got solid background as a true product owner this could be your ticket to something huge!
The Modern Milkman started with four friends, one beat up truck, and a mission – to create a purpose driven business that revolutionises consumer habits by delivering fresh ways to reduce waste. We’ve grown a lot since we first began (goodbye beat up truck!). Our team is full of passionate and ambitious individuals, ready to revolutionize consumer habits in new and exciting ways. When you work with us, you’ll discover it’s truly a team effort, and you’ll find yourself collaborating with different departments on a daily basis. But don’t worry, we don’t take ourselves too seriously – where’s the fun in that?
Say it loud, we’re green and we’re proud!
So whether your passion lies with saving the turtles, keeping your neighborhood clean, or shopping ethically, you’ll find a place with the Modern Milkman. We’re looking for enthusiastic people with strong ethics who care about the planet, as well as our working environment. We want you to feel proud of the company and the vital work you’re doing to reduce waste and keep our oceans clean – the turtles will thank you! Above all, we want you to thrive in your role.
What makes us tick
You’ll quickly find that our values are part of our DNA, and run through everything we do at the Modern Milkman. They allow us to help make a difference in the world and are worth more than any monetary gains.
- We do the right thing
- We’ve got something to say
- We’re stronger together
- We laugh in the face of the fun police
Our Commitment to Diversity
Here at the Modern Milkman, we’re made up of people from all walks of life – it’s what makes our team so amazing! We are committed to hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and love that we are all different. If you share our values and our purpose, continue reading to find out more about our current employment opportunity.
What we’re proud of
Sure we’ve been selected as one of Northwest Business Insider’s Most Exciting Companies, but as of March 2022, we’ve saved over 32,000,000 plastic bottles. Now that’s something to celebrate!
What you’ll be doing
- Owning you product backlog
- Aligning the roadmap to strategic and tactical priorities
- Analysing the effectiveness of changes, demonstrating the impact to key business metrics.
- Investigative work – capturing business requirements and defining effective business processes for implementation across multiple business areas and applications.
- Create user stories with appropriate technical detail and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure scope and requirements are sufficiently understood.
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders at all levels to discover and analyse requirements.
- Ensuring successful delivery by collaborating directly with development teams.
- Finding solutions that are fit for purpose – Technical and Testing Leads within the IT team
You absolutely must have
- Previous experience of online sales or distribution or food retail
- Good understanding of Agile practices and tools (Kanban, Scrum etc.)
- CSPO certified or similar or demonstrable experience
- Previous experience of working with remote teams an advantage
- Experience of tools such as Jira and Aha
The Modern Milkman is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective but also with:
- Up to £55,000pa dependent on experience
- 4.5% matched pension contributions
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- A day off for your birthday!
- Employee discount on TMM
- Life insurance with Aviva +25% off gym membership
- A company mission that’s damn easy to get behind – save our planet!