- Flexible/remote work-friendly environment
- Greenfield project
- Technology/UI first company
- Work with exciting AI & mobile tech
- Join an experienced tech & product team
Ukufu* (pronounced oo – koo – foo) is a content aggregation mobile application that simplifies content and notes.
We recently closed a round of seed funding from a couple of smart and supportive investors, and are excited for the next stage of our journey!
Watch a short message from our CEO:
We want to enable a content consumption experience that is simple to use, yet comprehensive in feature set.
An impeccable user experience is therefore at the heart of our value proposition.
View a quick overview of our product here:
Our headquarters are in the Sydney CBD, but we have team members around the world. We have a preference for someone who can work full-time and semi-remote, joining us on-site one day per week. However, we are open to this role being permanent part-time with a minimum of 2.5 days per week, fully remote, or a mix of both for the right candidate. Our distributed team structures require all team members to be flexible around time zones. Each role also has a minimum daily crossover time requirement of 4 hours.
Our remote-friendly work culture and processes have been in place for a couple of years (some of our team used to work together on a product that reached over 4 million users) and our distributed team structure is working well.
- Lead the design of the product as a whole, as well as individual features, all using a user-centered design process.
- Initiate user research and present key insights to the team.
- Continually assess Ukufu’s features and information architecture with the needs and constraints of users.
- Communicate and influence product design decisions with the team whilst advocating for the user.
- Provide creative direction and help to evolve our brand.
- Help us maintain a high level of design standards, practice, and aesthetics to everything that we do.
How would you approach this problem statement as a product designer? We are wanting to build a mobile app around the above problem statement.
Please limit your response to 2 pages. Feel free to include rough sketches, diagrams, and/or designs – it does not have to be a text-heavy written response.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a Product Design design-related role.
- Some project management experience.
- University degree in design or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in a role collaborating with team members from different teams such as engineering and product management.
- A history of being responsible for the entire design process: concept, design, user flows, wireframing, user interface mock-ups, and prototypes.
- Familiarity with designing for different platforms such as Android, iOS, & Web.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong technical ability.
- Familiarity with UX and UI trends.
- Experience using analytics, user research, and other methods to drive decisions.
- Mature attitude.
- Coding skills and experience.
- Experience with marketing mobile apps.
- Experience facilitating Agile methodology ceremonies.
- Experience using Social Media for marketing, communication, and branding purposes.