Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.
Cayuse (51-200 Employees, 29% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cayuse is a SaaS company that empowers globally connected research.
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.
But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
The Professional Services Consultant is the lead position for guiding customers through the implementation of Cayuse software solutions for research organizations and serves as a subject matter expert on Pre- and Post-award Research Administration.
- Play a lead customer-facing role on implementation projects and manage customer relationships to successful outcomes
- Conduct deep-dive business analysis of each customer’s needs and define solutions to meet those needs including participating in developing specifications for interfacing Cayuse finance solutions to an institution’s ERP system.
- Lead weekly web-based customer focus session meetings on specific areas of the application resulting in progressive client training
- Identify and clarify issues while working collaboratively with customers and the Customer Delivery team to define and execute solutions
- Conduct on-site and/or remote customer training
- Through continual advocacy and guidance, produce confident and satisfied customers at the close of an implementation project
- Partner with Product Support to address technical escalations and procedural questions from customers about our products
- Act as a customer advocate when making enhancement requests to Product Management and assist in determining which issues have the greatest impact on our customers
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Product Management to prepare new or enhance existing documentation and collateral
- Serve as an internal resource and actively collaborate with the Customer Delivery Consultants, drawing on previous professional experience, to enhance existing processes pursuant to current issues in the industry
- Contribute to an inclusive work environment by communicating respectfully, seeking different perspectives, and involving others in the work, as appropriate
- At least 3-5 years of pre- and post-award research administration experience. Experience should include at least 3-5 years in a department where grants were being administered and/or the office of Contracts and Grants/Sponsored Projects.
- Specific examples of experience should include
- An understanding of proposal preparation and budget development
- An understanding of sponsored project systems and routing requirements
- An understanding of post-award management, sub-award initiation, and accounting
- Specific examples of experience should include
- Experience working with senior leadership and all relevant and external and internal constituencies including sponsor agencies, faculty, and local research administration professionals with varying levels of experience
- Requires the ability to comprehend federal, state, and local grant and contract regulations, restrictions, and sponsor guidelines
- Working knowledge of Uniform Guidance, applicable OMB Circulars (OMB Uniform Guidance, Subpart E (Cost Principles), OMB Circular A-21, OMB Circular A-110, OMB Circular A-133, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- 3-5 years experience defining customer-facing software implementation projects, with a preference for experience on projects featuring system integrations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is required
- Proficiency with both MS Windows PC computers and Apple Macintosh computers, including the use of standard office software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including the ability to communicate complex or technical information to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Curious, resourceful, highly creative, and self-motivated
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent ability to bring a sense of customer focus and professional ethics to all things
Some Key Details:
- This position will report to the Executive Director of Customer Delivery who works directly with our Vice President of Customer Delivery
- Travel to customer sites as needed (8-10 trips/year)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
- This is a security-sensitive position and requires a background check and will need to adhere to the Cayuse Information Security Management System
- Medical – Employer pays 90% of employee premium (PPO + HSA available)
- Short term disability covered
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Casual Work Environment
- Wellness Incentives
- Sit-Stand workstations
- Cold Brew + Kombucha on tap