Stryker (501+ Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
Program Directors lead complex programs and the people running them-they can deliver a program, or a portfolio of projects, and optimize the structure of those efforts for success within the program and other programs.
This position will be in the IT organization focused on delivery of global digital manufacturing systems, a successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the SAP S/4HANA Business Data Model with business process understanding, process-to-technology mapping capabilities, and full grasp of integration issues. The position will require ERP program knowledge across all elements of the journey from mobilization, functional process change, infrastructure and data migration, training, cut-over activities and hypercare. This position must have exceptional cross-functional leadership skills and proven project management skills while adept at navigating and leading decisive discussions with various levels of the organization (Business Process Owners, Sr. Leaders, IT Roles, etc.). This role will be an integral part and report into an overall Global Quality Operations Transformation program. The position also requires a high level of collaboration and managing of a Systems Integrator (SI) as well as both internal resources and external resources to ensure that the program remains on track for scope, delivery timing, milestones, and costs. Strong acumen and partnership with Finance and Sourcing to manage, track budgets and external contacts. A track record of successful ERP program management and delivery is required.
- Develop program charters and management plans. Direct, manage, monitor, and control programs. Identify, optimize, and maintain inter-& intra-program synergy. Evaluate tradeoffs across programs.
- Monitor staff utilization to ensure individuals are effectively contributing to the Digital Manufacturing transformation while developing skills and gaining experience.
- Ensure timely allocation of required resources and communicate potential resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines.
- Evaluate project/program management staff’s performance based on their ability to demonstrate critical skills such as influence, judgment, and stakeholder partnership.
- Provide timely feedback to help project / program management staff create targeted individual development plans and self-monitor their performance.
- Encourage and enable project / program managers to access peers from within their team and across the organization to get help, share information, and source ideas.
- Measure, review, and audit projects and program management to ensure conformance to organization standards.
- Influence Functional/Division leadership to define, manage, and own inter- and intra-program scope.
- Develop, optimize, and manage inter- and intra-program timelines. Analyze and address critical path, major workstreams, intersecting milestones. Own the program schedule
- Create program budgets with cross-functional leaders. Optimize, monitor, and maintain costs within budget. Drive program cost efficiencies.
- Partner with project teams to create program Quality Plans, using a multitude of quality planning tools and techniques. Monitor and maintain plans. Mentor others in quality excellence.
- Manages the consolidated risk profile for the business. Set the tone for appropriate divisional project / program risk-taking.
- Drive standardized approach to Procurement Management Planning across the division and ensure the selection of strategic procurement partners
- Manage the consolidated human resource plan for the portfolio of projects. Participate on hiring teams for new managers and directors in cross-functional groups. Recruit and onboard PMO staff; influence hiring decisions for cross-functional groups. Recruits, hires, onboards, manages, and develops direct staff.
- Advance Stakeholder strategies to manage, engage and guide stakeholders of varying expectations and needs at senior leadership levels
- Manage the consolidated communications plan for the portfolio of projects. Drive best practices for divisional communications management.
- Develop and continuously improve the ERP governance model, including meeting cadences, stakeholders, scope, and RACI.
- Partner with change management team members to ensure cohesive transformation plans including change deliverables.
- Engage with transformation leaders and their teams as a strategic thought partner to develop and devise scope, structure, and approach to delivering value with a new or existing initiatives.
Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Leverages successful working relationships with internal and external personnel in various departments to advance business goals.
- High in emotional intelligence and demonstrates calmness in high pressure situations. Adept in conflict resolution
- Drives results in support of the business, even in the face of demanding timelines. Steps up to take on additional responsibility where appropriate
- Creates an environment that motivates and inspires and hold others accountable for demonstrating the values and behaviors of the organization
- Can influence without direct authority and clearly links people development with career progression
- Incorporates end-user feedback to refine scope through the project lifecycle and can communicate changes, updates, and decisions to senior level audiences
- Collaborates with business leadership to develop broader organizational goals and prioritize programs accordingly.
- Keeps the customer at the heart of what we do
- Exercises good judgment despite ambiguity, and practices a structured methodology to efficiently solve problems
- Growth mindset – ability to learn quickly and adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Foster, design and deliver best-in-class and adaptive project management approaches to help stakeholders manage program deliverables.
- Strong spoken and written articulation skills for business and IT leadership stakeholders
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities in a constrained timeline
Preferred Skills / Engineering tools:
- MS and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of SAP Implementation experience preferred.
- 8+ years of ERP solution experience preferred
- PMP or PgMP or equivalent
- BS or equivalent & 10+ years of work experience
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/