Title: Project Manager – API Integration (100% remote work)
Duration: Permanent / FTE
Location: Remote with Pacific Time Core Hours
NOTE – PM with API Integration is a must
The IT Project Manager will focus on managing multiple integration initiatives that allow the organization to further leverage its eCommerce platforms for new business development opportunities. Initially, the IT Project Manager will lead efforts such as:
– Onboarding efforts with third party partners to integrate using application program interfaces (API’s) within our eCommerce and corporate platforms.
– Software implementation projects and Software Discovery projects including those that involve facilitating stakeholders through software selection and/or solution concept development solutions.
Taking the perspective of who we serve, the customer, into everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding quickly.
Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
We win together, with everyone playing their role and leveraging the strengths of the team.
Embracing and creating positive change to continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable solutions.
Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is fully informed and aware of what they need to know to succeed.
– Plans and directs multiple projects to meet business requirements by: facilitating requirements gathering processes, defining project scope and goals; developing project plans, timelines, resource requirements, risk mitigation plans, and budgets; coordinating project activities, and stakeholder communications; and monitoring project status in order to escalate when needed.
– Coordinates project activities and tasks across internal and external resources, including outsourced third parties, to ensure delivery of project objectives on time and within budget.
– Manages the project budget in terms of human and capital/operating resources needed to successfully complete.
– Use Agile Work teams approach to managing and monitoring project progress, with internally supported tools (e.g., Jira Software, Service Desk, Confluence).
– Manages project risks/escalation, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
– Ensures stakeholders (Members, Suppliers, internal staff, etc.) are provided with the most current, up-to-date information on project status and issues that affect them.
– Provides regular reporting processes to monitor project results and provide status updates to IT Portfolio Management.
– Leads retrospective (lessons learned) activities post project completion, for continuous improvement opportunities.
– Assists in the improvement of business processes by demonstrating the team’s Lean Program approach to identify improvement areas, defining and managing process improvement projects. Ensures department processes are documented, communicated and consistently adhered to.
– Performs special projects as assigned by supervisor.
– Knowledge of IT project management methodologies and lifecycles.
– Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies: ability to manage development teams and projects utilizing agile and scrum methodology.
– Office software skills: ability to use the Internet, e-mail, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
– Ability to apply project management skills: establishing objectives, timelines, and deadlines; action planning to meet deadlines; evaluating project status compared to objectives.
– Ability to apply problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
– Ability to apply organization skills: developing and using systems for organizing and keeping track of information and prioritize multiple tasks.
– Ability to develop and manage budgets.
– Ability to lead and influence others without formal authority.
– Knowledge of meeting facilitation principles and techniques.
– Knowledge of customer service techniques and principles.
– Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages.
– Ability to work under stressful circumstances and deadline pressure.
– Ability to write business correspondence, bulletins, reports, and procedures; communicate and gather information across individuals, departments, and external parties (interface); demonstrate considerable tact and diplomacy in dealing with others; maintain confidentiality of information.
– Ability to communicate information across different individuals, departments, and external parties.
– Ability to collaborate across members of the same team and cross functional teams alike.
Education / Certifications
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; 7 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– This position prefers an active or current certification in either Agile or PMI (PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP)