Project Manager, Operations
- United States – Remote
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Our Instacart Operations team is seeking a Project Manager for the Operations Management Office team.
About our Operations Management Office team: The Intacart’s Operations Management Office serves as the glue across all Operations teams and the bridge to partner teams. The OMO is charged with invigorating the Operations brand through clear communication and coordination. The OMO coordinates projects across pillars as well as setting best practices and sharing results. The OMO facilitates optimizing and streamlining decision-making and reporting. The OMO solves for resource allocation needs and will be able to centralize any requests across the Operations function.
Highlights: Build a new function of the Operations organization while recruiting and developing a team of influential leaders. Showcase and champion the Operations team across the company while also serving as chief project manager across cross-functional and cross-Operations initiatives.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will support the people, process, purpose and performance of the Operations team through umbrella initiatives.
- You will lead the execution of cross-team initiatives and track their progress.
- You will ensure clear, transparent communication within Operations, to partner organizations, and to senior leaders.
- You will optimize team processes, assist in project effectiveness work, and manage team reporting/KPI data.
- You will serve as the glue’ within Operations across teams as well as with partner organizations
- You will be responsible for resource allocation across projects and initiatives; partnering with other teams to effectively manage resource requests (including product needs).
- You will be a strategic thought partner for teams across the company as an expert in the operations of our business.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of operational and project management experience, including comprehensive experience collaborating across business units
- Track record of success navigating complex matrix organizations
- A solid level of business acumen and ability to creatively solve operational problems
- Confidence in navigating complex organizations and influencing stakeholders across business units
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Clear communication skills and executive presence
- Strong analytical skills (SQL preferred)