Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Product Data Operations (PDO) team plays a critical role in product development at Meta. The team provides data and insights that power artificial intelligence (AI) at the core of all Meta products. The team partners closely with product and engineering teams and provides the human operational rigor required to support some of the most advanced technology at Meta. As a Project Manager on the PDO team, you are responsible for managing data labeling, data collection, and annotation programs end-to-end, working cross-functionally to improve existing programs, proactively surfacing insights and providing recommendations for product improvement, and actively engaging with colleagues and partners to enhance operational processes across the organization. Data labeling typically involves managing a vendor team to review content that will help engineers train or evaluate models. This also includes collaboration and communication with vendor partners across the organization. You will be required to showcase excellent leadership, project management, problem solving, and communication to both internal and external colleagues at scale.As a PDO Project Manager, you will lead the operations that support AI development and signal generation centering on understanding different aspects of community problems, content and understanding the quality of our detection models. This role is highly cross-functional and collaborative, requiring you to partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Operations Partnerships, among other teams.
Project Manager, Product Data Operations Responsibilities:
- Responsible for formulating long-term roadmaps/plans and drives core vision for an individual program area.
- Stay abreast of Company and product priorities, using strategic insights to influence decision-making at the individual and program area level.
- Directly manage and monitor the day-to-day tasks, workflows, and metrics of vendor teams responsible for data labeling efforts.
- Partner with product teams on building out product roadmaps and signal generation/AI strategy.
- Scope and define strategies for robust, high quality data collection at scale, leading data labeling efforts and insight generation to help achieve product goals.
- Proactively identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and implement scalable solutions.
- Help establish team goals and work with multiple stakeholders on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and reporting results.
- Lead and mentor other individuals on the team.
- Experience working in highly cross-functional environments in leadership roles
- Executive presence and communications skills
- Experience with data-driven decision making and problem solving
- 8+ years of industry experience in a consumer-oriented product environment, consulting, operations, or project management role
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning
- Understanding of Meta products
- Proven understanding in history of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Operations Management, or a related field
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]