Techstars (501+ Employees, 10% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Techstars is expanding, and we are hiring a Project Management role within our PMO and change management background to advance the adoption of PMO best practices that enable high-performing cross-functional teams to drive business growth. We are looking for a proven project manager with experience managing complex cross-functional project initiatives, coordinating senior-level stakeholders, and facilitating change leadership critical to successfully capitalizing on windows of opportunity at scale across the organization.
This role will touch every aspect of the business, and the ideal candidate must be able to move seamlessly from strategy to detailed tactics. You will execute against strategic objectives, managing stakeholder expectations, and end-to-end project and change management. The ideal candidate will also have a solid orientation for leveraging data to track progress to goals and support transparent communications to stakeholders. Basically, getting stuff done!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Operate as the Project Manager on designated companywide strategic projects
- Responsible for the end-to-end planning, monitoring, execution – filling in the gaps where needed, and closeout of projects
- Ensure proper change management process execution across the project life cycle
- Define strategic and tactical communication plans to facilitate change management process and adoption
- Draft and coordinate messaging and training activities to support the adoption of organizational change
- Define and manage detailed project plans and supporting documentation
- Define program controls and scope (e.g., schedule, status, processes)
- Coordinate teams and project resources for on-time task completion
- Support coordination with other departments through clear documentation, communication, and management of the project plan
- Design, develop and distribute program reports and analytics that effectively track project progress to defined metrics and support stakeholder review
- Develop, enhance and maintain standards, repeatable processes, and templates to be leveraged for all projects within the organization
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position; coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within the project team
- Develop and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- 3 – 5 years of project management experience
- 3+ years organizational and process change management experience
- 3+ years experience designing, implementing, and leading company-wide change management and other strategic projects
- Experience working as a manager in a PMO preferred
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, organize and collaborate, especially on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder expectations through clearly defined project objectives and focused execution against plans
- Creative problem solver who is interested in understanding different points of view and new ways of approaching problems
- Experienced with project management methodologies including but not limited to Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or Lean.
- Proficient in building and managing projects in a project management software tool. Experience with Asana is a plus
Compensation range: $85,000 – $100,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas – entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, nor any other basis prohibited by law.