USA TODAY (501+ Employees, 9% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Greenville, SC, USA • Lafayette, LA, USA • Virtual Req #24455
Monday, July 25, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People . If you share these values, come join our family!
The Public Notice Coordinator role requires a highly personable individual with the ability to guide callers in the placement of obituary and legal notices in our print and online products. Strong communication and customer service skills are required. Must be able to work in a multi-deadline environment; learn and apply new techniques accurately and quickly.
We are dedicated to helping our clients grow based on their unique needs. When they win, we win!
As a Marketing Solutions, Public Notice Coordinator, you will:
- Entry of ads into the AdBooker, G3, and Wave2 programs
- Some reporting duties to include but not limited to, crystal report for manifest and affidavits
- Ad Trafficking
- Administrative duties to include answering phones and checking messages
- Be able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as needed
- Ad placement both print and digital
- Analyzing data using Microsoft Office programs
- Special promotions project work – working with multiple departments on all aspects of the specials
- Communicating with sales reps and customers
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Review and respond to multiple email inboxes
What you bring to the table:
- Attention to detail skills including excellent spelling and grammar in a fast-paced environment
- Handle confidential information with discretion according to our guidelines
- Must be able to type at least 50 wpm for data entry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Highly effective communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a keen sense of efficient telephone etiquette
We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace.
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, matching 401(K), Paid Time Off and more. This is an opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at [email protected]