Loadsmart (201-500 Employees, 177% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Loadsmart helps shippers move their freight fast and carriers keep trucks full.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
→ Do you look for good technical challenges, in an inclusive and respectful environment?
→ Are you looking for an opportunity in a company reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
→ Do you have experience in building dynamic and scalable applications in Python?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we are hiring a Python Back End Engineer to help us turn experimental ideas into new solutions. We are a Series C-funded logistic technology company that has increased our revenue by 200% year over year, led by a leadership team of logistics veterans and experienced engineers, product leaders and data scientists continuing to disrupt this $800 billion industry.
We are seeking a Python Back End Engineer who loves solving engineering problems in a dynamic and fast-paced global company.
LOCATION: Remote from anywhere in Latin America
What you get to do:
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of an application or service, from conception, specification, development, testing, support, bug fixing and decommission
- Build and maintain services written in Python, using Terraform to manage our infrastructure, Kinesis for event streaming, and several other technologies
- Propose, document and deliver API solutions for internal and external customers, as well as maintain projects inside the team’s scope
- Create tests, automation scripts, and configure Continuous Integration tools
You have experience:
- 2+ years of programming experience building and maintaining services, most of them in Python
- Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Building blocks. Experience with architectural design patterns for services (client-server, event sourcing, MVC, etc)
- Collaboration with Front End. Experience developing REST APIs as so you can also collaborate on its definition together with frontend developers
- You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken)
- Troubleshooting. You’re good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform are a plus
Your colleagues would describe you as:
- Someone that is always trying to find better ways to solve problems and thinks outside of the box
- Passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, and long-lasting value
- Curious about learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more
- Someone that takes ownership of complex problems
- Passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability
- Flexible person and open to others ideas
- Someone that likes to solve problems in the most simple way as possible
WORKING AT LOADSMART:
• Competitive base salaries – we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package
• Signing bonus – because you will work remotely, you will use it as you like: to setup your home office, get a new laptop or buy that amazing coffee machine to make your days happier 🙂
• Training budget – we will support you on developing your skills.
• Unlimited time off
• Wellbeing initiatives
• Lots of engagement activities;
• An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
• Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels
• Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.