Gener8 Ads (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Flexibility to work remotely, or from our London office
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to take on a key role helping to scale our rapidly growing web products.
The open secret within the tech industry is that it’s built on exploiting people’s data. Gener8 changes that: we’re a browser that enables people to control and earn from their data by giving them a simple choice: Rewards Mode or Privacy Mode.
Following our success pitching on Dragons’ Den, securing investment from Peter Jones, Touker Suleyman as well as managing to snag another dragon, Tej Lalvani, in a £2.1M round after the show, we’re on track for exceptional growth over the next 12 months. We have over half a million registered users and are growing fast. We’re looking for someone to join the team and take on the challenge of scaling our backend to meet our ambitious growth goals.
About the role
We’ve had an incredible 12 months growing the product and engineering team from 2 to 12, now we’re looking to take that up a gear with an QA engineer, working on the core web technologies that powers our platform.
You’ll be bringing test automation to the fore in this role, ensuring that our products shine and exude quality.
Embedded with the team that develops our websites, extensions and browser UIs, you’ll be working with the engineers to help them define test strategies, creating test frameworks and maintaining them as well as performing manual and exploratory testing to uncover even the most elusive issues.
For the frontend we use React and Ember. On the backend we use Go, PostgreSQL and Redis to serve RESTful and gRPC APIs running on Kubernetes, all hosted on GCP. We use GitHub for version control and CI, Jira for tracking tasks and Slack for sending silly GIFs.
- Creating testing frameworks and maintaining them for our web, extension and browser products
- Being involved in the planning and refinement sessions to fully understand the requirements that will be tested
- Identifying the best testing frameworks and tools for the job on different platforms
- Helping the engineering team define a testing strategy that uses the right blend of automate and manual testing
- Prepare test plans and scenarios for new features alongside the engineering team
- Be involved in the development of new features from conception to delivery, ensuring that quality is considered from end to end
- Through your work, raise the quality of all our products
- Evangelise the value of test automaton to everyone in the business
- Working with the team to pragmatically decide when to ship and when to push a feature back for improvement
This is the right opportunity for you if you have:
- 3+ years commercial experience working in a testing role within software engineering teams
- Experience using test automation tools on websites – especially Single Page Applications
- Experience working with and testing REST APIs
- Experience using some flavour of SQL for examining and tweaking test data
- Experience using version control systems, specifically Git
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Live and work within +/- 3 hours of GMT
Part of a fast growing company where you will have real responsibility and autonomy
Stock options, so that you have a slice of the company and share in our success
Your choice of computer hardware
Annual training and conference budget
⛳️ Regular team days out
This is your chance to work on a meaningful product that can impact millions of people