Disruptive Games (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for an experienced QA Lead to join our team of developers. In this role, you will work closely with all developers across all departments to establish and enforce quality standards. You’ll build a team you support and inspire to maintain a high level of quality, beginning early in the development cycle and continuing into launch and live operations. You possess a love of games, and achieving great quality is your passion. You are comfortable operating at a lead level; coaching, advising and helping your team to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Production and other departments to ensure our features are shipped on time and with maximum quality. Collaborate with leadership on balancing the game’s priorities, defining KPIs for individual feature quality
- Develop a roadmap and QA plan for building the required test expertise where necessary. You’ll ensure QA recruitment needs are clear and fulfilled appropriately
- Identify changing or dynamic QA requirements and communicate them clearly to ensure your department’s needs are represented, all concerns are voiced, and quality across features is in balance
- Display an expert understanding of test methodologies, including best use of automated, functional, qualitative, and performance methods within an environment of consistent iterative development for a small- to medium-sized team. Define best practices for testing, testing processes, and testing tools to ensure our teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Provide clear direction and coaching to our test teams, both internal and external, on how to develop efficient test plans and hold to clear and consistent standards across areas like functionality, console compliance, and localization
- Continually seek opportunities for improvement in current processes, with a focus on efficient and/or technical solutions
- Coach and manage your direct reports, providing clear objectives to ensure they reach their full potential as well as identifying and acting on areas where support is needed
- Build good working relationships with outsourcing partners, console partners, publisher, or other partners to ensure necessary external support functions and communication lines are in place and working smoothly
- Use the team’s bug tracking tools to analyze and understand key metrics to inform stakeholders of potential risks and facilitate decision-making at all levels
What You’ll Bring
- At least 6 years’ experience in test roles
- Administration experience with bug tracking databases including setup of workflows relevant for their teams
- Experience with live operations and games as a service from a Quality Assurance perspective
- At least two shipped AAA or AA titles in the PC or console space
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Proven experience in team building: hiring, training, and mentoring other senior team members
- An excellent understanding of console standards and submission processes
- A good understanding of all phases of development and testing, from prototyping, to minimum viable product, to soft launches, to worldwide launches
- Experience working closely with build and release teams, including use of version control systems
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and relevant testing requirements and tools
- Experience using test automation systems (either off the shelf or custom) and involvement in helping define efficient use
- Love of games and eye for good design
- Experience shipping single and multiplayer games
- Experience with Agile methodologies and a history structuring test teams to support these methodologies
- Familiarity managing multiple on site and external test teams
- Play testing and usability testing experience, including effective methods for group triage and capturing actionable data
- Understanding of technical and performance requirements of current console platforms with experience creating strategies to assess and adapt to these accordingly
- Experience supporting online services with repetitive or short release cycles, interactions with NOC teams, etc.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.