Wisetack (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Wisetack, we’re building financially-responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced fintech veterans whose prior experience includes PayPal, LinkedIn, Lending Club, Affirm, Amazon, and other leading companies, Wisetack is a well-funded early stage startup with strong early customer traction. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more.)
We raised a $45M Series B last year and since then, we’ve invested in the team and the product and signed a slew of new partnerships. This is a fun stage in any company’s lifecycle where we’ve got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you’d still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Business Insider called us one of the 70 most promising startups changing the world of finance, LendIt selected us as this year’s winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards, and we were just named to the inaugural SMBTech 50 list (perhaps you saw us on the billboard in Times Square?) The external recognition is great, but we’re equally — if not more — happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78. We’re proud that we’re building a product that customers love and we believe that this is the most important foundation of a great company.
Our Engineering team principles
Everyone is an engineer. No matter what their title is, everyone contributes to the code. Everyone delivers.
Initiative and ownership. We want every team member to lead the work they do. Design the best solutions and implement them. Ask for help from others when you need it.
One team. We are low ego and support each other.
Learning and growth. We believe growth is a huge motivator. We want everyone on the team to have an opportunity to learn and grow in their career. If you are smart and want to learn, you should be with us even if you don’t have all the skills we need at the moment.
Check out this post from our blog where we go into more detail about these principles.
Wisetack is looking for a QA Lead to be an early foundational member of our QA Team
- Design detailed test plans based on product requirements and interviews with Product and Engineering
- Coordinate and lead testing activities with off-shore team members
- Communicate the status of testing to the stakeholders, provide them with detailed feedback for ongoing projects
- Contribute to release documentation to certify the test results and the quality of the testing activities
- Provide guidance on our processes, tools, and test suites.
- Partner with team members to continuously improve testing capabilities and make the results of the testing more useful and transparent
- Work closely with QA Manager on embedding QA function in all possible phases of the SDLC, including Design and post-production support of CX Team
Skills for success
- Proven ability to build and execute comprehensive test plans and estimate testing efforts for cross-functional projects
- Strong technical background and experience working with APIs
- Mastery of browser dev tools
- Experience building testing pipelines with offshore teams
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in the full software lifecycles from design to deployment
- Understanding of modern test automation frameworks and their capabilities
- Experience working in Fintech or another highly regulated industry is a huge plus
Why you should consider Wisetack
- We deliver a product that helps entrepreneurs bring their dreams to life – build small businesses that flourish!
- Huge market and fantastic investors.
- Innovative and fun leadership team with a lot of relevant experience and credibility.
- Technology-driven product and organization.
- Skillful engineering team committed to innovation, learning, efficiency, and quality.
- You will report to the CTO.
- Modern cloud and data technologies.
- Flexibility to work remotely most of the time.
The person in this role must be based in the United States and must be authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship. SF Bay Area candidates can choose to work from our San Francisco office (whenever we return to an office) or from home most days. If remote, you should be able to come to San Francisco 4-6 times per year.
We offer competitive salary and equity packages, as well as medical, dental, and vision insurance, a Learning & Development stipend, a 401k plan, and a growing number of other standard and not-so-standard benefits.
More than that, though, we offer a career-defining opportunity for the right candidate. Spend a little time on our About Us page, researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on who we are and what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Remote Policy
For now and the near-term future, we are fully remote. We do plan on returning to an office at some point (likely later in 2022), and that office will be located in San Francisco. When we do, SF-based employees will have a hybrid WFH/WFO setup. That said, most roles at the company, including this one, can be fully remote within the US, and some contractor roles may be available outside the US. Our workforce is currently spread across 8 different US states, and 3 different countries.