PwC (501+ Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.Our Information Technology Quality team manages Information Technology operational processes, including configurations, change management, and incident management and provides oversight to third party suppliers that deliver services for Information Technology operations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT quality assurance and control within software/systems development processes.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems
Additional Educational Preferences:
Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree, demonstrating, in addition to the minimum years of experience required for the role, three years of specialized training and/or progressively responsible work experience in technology for each missing year of college-level training.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in test methodologies and integration of business applications to achieve an efficient testing effort that delivers a quality system to its customers including the following areas:
- Understanding requirements from a business perspective to be validated through testing and assessing them in the context of an Agile/Scrum delivery model;
- Understanding of the SDLC activities expected to deliver custom developed and packaged applications;
- Demonstrating experience in Agile practices, DevOps, CI/CD pipeline, Continuous testing, Software Quality Principles, Advanced Test Methodologies, Best Practices and Procedures;
- Understanding Quality Metrics, KPIs, Data Visualization, Data Analytics and its impact on IT organizations, Testing Maturity Models and how they are applied to increase maturity of quality and IT organization, to enable continuous improvement;
- Demonstrating expertise with test management tools like qTest, Azure DevOps, HP ALM;
- Demonstrating expertise in vendor management;
- Performing Data Mining, predictive modeling techniques and using data to drive business outcomes and decisions;
- Taking complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights;
- Understanding conventional and cloud testing strategies;
- Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs;
- Delivering change management strategies and IT transformation initiatives along with considerable operational experience in applying them;
- Working in a global organization with an understanding of cross cultural communication styles.
- Managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and the development of dashboard reporting, usage statistics, administrator actions and other service-relevant data;
- Implementing and directing the delivery of work in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, PMO, Communications and Change Management and Portfolio & Investment Management;
- Identifying business issues and liaising with relevant IT leaders to maintain alignment between the IT initiatives and the current and future direction of the firm;
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Communicating agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and conducting investigations or analysis on variations from expected performance levels;
- Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organization as a whole;
- Driving continuous service improvements for the customer and end user experience;
- Influencing others internally and externally through both direct and indirect reports;
- Displaying customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability;
- Working on tasks that involve analysis and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors;
- Managing initiatives to analyze and identify improvement opportunities with internal and external stakeholders;
- Collaborating with Business and IT partners to ensure quality delivery of technology solutions;
- Facilitating and delivering organization wide IT transformation efforts;
- Developing deep-rooted expertise in providing long term support;
- Developing Service Level Agreements and Standardizations;
- Developing action plans to improve overall quality, maturity and capabilities to measure;
- Managing adoption of process and governance action plans;
- Creating overall strategy, plans, detailed activity breakdown;
- Building roadmaps and schedules ensuring delivery timelines are met; and,
- Managing the introduction of change in process by collaborating with stakeholders.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniormanager. 359489 359489WD