Empower Finance (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Quality Assurance Engineer
REMOTE – GLOBAL
Empower is a high-growth, award-winning financial technology startup on a mission to meaningfully improve the financial health and wellbeing of today’s generation. We help people stretch their dollars between paychecks, save up for life’s emergencies, spend more consciously and ultimately, rewrite their financial story. The drive, fearless thinking, and empathy we bring to our work delivers better outcomes for our community every day.
Empower is picking up speed and on the cusp of something big. We’re adding several thousand new customers to our community every day, and we’ve raised over $25 million from top venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital, Initialized Capital, and Icon Ventures as well as David Velez, Founder and CEO of Nubank, one of the most valuable financial technology startups in the world. We’ve also been recognized in Apple’s list of “New Apps We Love,” Time’s “Best Apps of the Year So Far, and Real Simple’s 2020 Smart Money Awards.
Want to make a difference in someone’s financial journey? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits (US)
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you’ll work to ensure only our best work makes it to our customers. You’ll engage with a collaborative, high powered team to develop and execute test plans and automation suites for projects with a reach of millions. The solutions you’ll test will ensure robustness, and integrity for our customers and business. The automation you’ll create will enhance our agility as we continue to scale. You’ll take end to end ownership of new features and product lines shaping work in early stages, instrumenting our ability to test, coordinating with stakeholders for deployment to ensure we’re hitting our goals.
- Development of test plans
- Leading the end-to-end execution of Quality Assurance for a project
- Development of automation test suites
- Setup and management of test data
- Development of application requirements to support execution of test scenarios
- Tracking defects within the issue tracking system
- Improving the process of QA execution
- Analysing specifications to identify gaps early in the product pipeline
- Balancing time and quality to maximise product and business opportunity
- Analysis and problem solving production issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of Mobile and/or Backend manual testing
- 3+ years of Mobile or Backend automation development
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration software.
- Creation and documentation of test plans that balance risk and time across a multi-mobile platform landscape using tools Jira, Azure DevOps or similar.
- Working within an Agile Continuous Delivery team within a mobile product