Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Alexa News keeps customers informed about the world around them by seamlessly integrating the news they want most into their everyday lives. We build news experiences across multiple devices, including the Echo Family, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet. These experiences touch every aspect of news, from lean-back (“Alexa, what’s the news?”) to specific questions (“Alexa, what’s the latest with the election?”). Our teams work in a fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about our customers, experiences, and systems. As a member of the team, you should be able to learn new concepts quickly and feel at home in a new and constantly evolving space.
As a QAE in the team, you will work closely with business and development teams and your responsibilities will include test planning (writing test plans and test cases), test execution (manual) and automation (automating test case ). You will across the full stack of the product including front-end as well as back-end and will be responsible for certifying the product for release. As a QAE, you would need to understand software internals and debug problems using log files so as to be able to identify the right team/software component that needs to fix the issue.
If you are passionate about building and delivering great customer experiences and are looking to learn, this would be a great opportunity for you to consider.
Key job responsibilities
- Ownership of projects and the related testing artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plan, etc.)
- Execution of manual testing
- Development and maintenance of automated testing
- Closely work with the development in a collaborative way that removes roadblocks and ensure delivery
- Review of BRDs with Product Management and System Design with the Technical team
A day in the life
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the team, you’ll be responsible for defining the test strategy and test plans for Alexa News products, reviewing them with stakeholders, and execute tests through manual or automated testing approaches. You work with SDEs to improve the automated testing infrastructure by enhancing automated test coverage, building testing utilities and generating QA metrics. You coordinate with AIQ (Alexa International Quality) team to extend the test coverage across new and existing locales. You should have a strong sense of ownership, pushing for QA best practices and operational excellence, with a constant desire to learn and improve.
About the team
The Alexa News QA team is focused on making software testing efficient and delivering a quality product through early defect prevention and detection. We develop automated solutions that allow quick release of quality code to production. We build new testing tools or adopt existing test frameworks as necessary in our pursuit, while maintaining our standards for coverage, stability, and efficiency. We continuously work on improving the quality of our tests by ensuring the accuracy and stability of our tests and customize the QA processes to handle the complexities associated with engineering disciplines.
- Experience in manual testing
- 2+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1+ year Experience in automating test cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
- Demonstrated experience leading the creation and execution of large feature testing strategies
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practice
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.