Kintent (11-50 Employees, 333% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Kintent (https://www.kintent.com) is on a mission to make it effortless to earn trust in every business relationship. We believe that if your customers trust you, they will do more with you. Core to that mission is our belief that compliance doesn’t have to be a grind, and we’re genuinely excited to bring a sense of joy into a traditionally drab space.
Our first trust use case is focused on data security and privacy compliance. Kintent’s Trust Management Platform democratizes every company’s ability to quickly and cost-effectively adopt formal security and privacy programs, measure the accuracy of the program against compliance standards, and confidently share their program with customers by using AI to answer security questionnaires.
With Kintent, compliance becomes a habit, is simple to understand and implement, and is continuously testable so that your customers can see that you are adhering to all your compliance obligations.
About the Role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer at Kintent to govern and assess software quality through manual and automated testing. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
Ultimately, you will help ensure that our products and applications work to establish a joyfully crafted experience. You will also report on testing related activities, while collaborating within a cross-functional team to triage and resolve issues in a dynamic agile environment. Does this sound like you? Then we’d like to meet you!
Position: Full Time
Reports to: Director of QA
Location: This role will be remote (work from home)
The Team Will Rely On You To:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Review, update, track and help execute automation tests using our automated testing framework. Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs in JIRA
- Liaise with cross-functional teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements, keeping current sprint deliverables on track.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Willingness to learn new software and skills to expand QA knowledge
- Creativity is advantageous to this position. A Kintent Quality Engineer will be expected to think outside the box to figure out and/or propose solutions.
- Ability to work efficiently to deliver required material in a timely manner with little to no supervision.
- Min 3-5 years of work experience in software quality assurance
- Min 1-3 years of work experience in automation tool development
- Min 1-3 years of work experience with JIRA
- Min 1-3 experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong knowledge of project management, software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Working knowledge/hands-on experience with manual, white box and black box testing
- Executing test scripts (manual or automated), reviewing and documenting results
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Solid knowledge of automated testing tools such as Selenium, Katalon, Mabl, UFT, Cucumber, Watir, Appium, Cypress, Postman etc
- Experience tracking bugs and development in JIRA
- Experience with XRay, Zephyr or TestRail is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Desired: hands-on work experience with automated testing frameworks.
- Desired: hands-on work experience with API Testing
- Desired: BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Do You Align With Our Values?
Kintent’s values are resilient THREADs that are stitched into the very fabric of our culture.
- TRUST: We strive to continuously earn the trust of our team, customers, investors and all other stakeholders – proving we are dependable.
- HEALTH: We are diligent caretakers of the health of the business, but never prioritize it over the mental and physical health of our team.
- RESPECT: We are passionate about being respectful and courteous. There’s no excuse for being a jerk.
- EVIDENCE BASED DECISIONS: Our strategy and operations are driven by evidence, which we collect from our customers, product, team, and partners.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We are fanatical about transparency, and hold ourselves accountable for everything we do.
- DIVERSITY: We work hard to nurture a team that is diverse in identity, belief, background, thought, and experience. Our diversity makes us stronger.
We celebrate diversity at Kintent. To Joyfully Craft a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Kintent is committed to developing a barrier-fee recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.