LimeSurvey (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At LimeSurvey we are on a mission of building the world’s #1 survey platform emphasized on ease of use, stability, and extensibility. We do this together with our fast-growing community and an international team of survey fanatics in Hamburg.
You can find LimeSurvey in over 140 countries and 80+ languages: from local governments, NGO’s and universities to students, small business owners and public traded companies.
We could use some help. If you’re looking for the next challenge as Test Software Engineer, you might have just found it.
QUALITY ASSURANCE – TEST SOFTWARE ENGINEER – SURVEY PLATFORM
Survey Platform is the central platform of LimeSurvey, providing capabilities to create and collect online surveys and analyze and share survey data. The survey platform can be used to conduct simple questionnaires with just a couple of questions or advanced assessments with conditionals and quota management.
We work closely with our community and partner network to co-create, fix bugs, translate, and share knowledge. You will join our creative team and get involved in building the world’s #1 open-source survey platform.
As the Test Software Engineer, you will have a key responsible for developing our test strategies and play an active role in promoting test engineering standards. You will help build a versatile, open-source survey tool for newcomers and professionals. So, they can get the freshest insights – as easy as squeezing a lime. Well, for the latter ‘easy’ part we could really use your help.
This is your challenge:
- Setup testing strategies for LimeSurvey
- Manual testing and acceptance testing of newly developed features and bugs
- Development of automated tests
- Development of quality criteria and user acceptance tests (UAT)
- Build and setup test infrastructure
- Coordination of external test studios
- Release management
- Increase awareness and promote testability
This is you:
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in one or more testing methodologies relevant in LimeSurvey context
- Hands on experience with testing approached and techniques
- Deep knowledge of dev tools supporting testing activities
- Experience in dealing with ticket and bug-tracking systems
- Preferably experience with Travis, PHPUnit and Selenium with Headless Firefox, React.js Tests and Jest
- Any experience with Puppeteer, Playwright and or Cypress is always welcome to determine a solid testing strategy for LimeSurvey
- We are currently making a small deep dive in Puppeteer to see if that could be a fit for LimeSurvey. You could advise us on this
- Good to very good written and spoken English
- Curiosity and quick mind
Tech we use:
- Yii-3, Yii-1, PHP Framework
- Bootstrap 5
- MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres
- Docker, CI, CD
Varied, interesting and challenging tasks, the chance to work with a growing dynamic distributed international team, room for creativity and your own ideas. We offer a wide range of training courses including language classes.
We work flexible hours, distributed, from home or in the office. We offer a dynamic working environment with flexible hours remote, from home, or in the office if you’re nearby at headquarters in Hamburg. As well as an appropriate salary package based on cost of living including paid vacation, local public holidays, paid sick leave & parental leave, employment & contractor options.
Please mention the word AFFORDABLY when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTU4LjYyLjMuOTI=. This is a beta feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they’re human.
Salary and compensation
$40,000 — $80,000/year
Europe Cest +/- 2 Hours