FanDuel (501+ Employees, 146% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, Georgia, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineering Manager that will work to provide testing expertise and leadership to our Sportsbook Retail vertical. You are responsible for the management of Quality Engineers and Quality Analysts that report into that team, maintaining vendor relationships and managing the strategy and execution of software testing.
You’ll manage and enhance an existing operating model to support the overall strategy for testing. You’ll also own the day-to-day management of software delivery of test infrastructure and help scope test strategy and execution, identify risks, and effectively prioritize deliverables. You’ll make sure your team has adequate time to design the right solutions.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Quality Engineering Manager, you’ll be working closely with our Quality Engineers and Quality Analysts to support and mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges. You’ll help find opportunities to provide the best employee experience while balancing the delivery of capabilities that work at scale. You’ll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. You’ll raise and help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
- You’ll coordinate and support Quality Engineers (QEs) and Quality Analysts (QAs)to test projects across Sportsbook Retail.
- Report testing progress, status, risks, and issues to vendors, Product Team, and other stakeholders
- You are accountable for the team’s structure, operating model, test infrastructure, and strategic direction.
- You set up your team to offer a wide range of risk mitigation techniques that span across pre and post-production testing and apply these appropriately.
- You’ll influence our existing vendors to ensure they properly support our testing strategies and test execution.
- You ensure that there are appropriately detailed and concise test plans for large or higher-risk development projects.
- You influence appropriately detailed and concise test result artifacts for all changes.
- You establish structures that enable your team to solve complex problems and deliver a wide range of lean testing infrastructure for development teams to utilize and even contribute to.
- You drive the simplification and optimization of project delivery. You structure efforts to reduce your team’s exposure to classic failure models (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, and insufficient testing).
- You support the adoption of high-quality engineering practices. You know the level of deferred maintenance for every part of the test infrastructure owned by your team.
- Responsible for taking part in the recruitment process, identifying the best candidates, and providing a great candidate experience.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong technology background is delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager.
- Experienced with a range of testing techniques, including test automation, continuous integration testing, etc.
- Communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated strong experience in effective test planning and execution.
- Demonstrated strong experience in delivering high-quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’ll exhibit the best behavior and exemplify our company behaviors.
- Demonstrable strong experience in testing service-oriented architectures and understanding data flow through such systems.
- You can demonstrate/illustrate an understanding of relatively advanced solution architecture, including system design, data design, and data flow.
- Functional knowledge of a development language such as Python, Java, or C#.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how they are applied in software development.
- Ability to travel 5-10% per year domestically and internationally.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don’t tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.