We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
What makes this an exciting opportunity?
Bench’s Recruitment Team is a warm and caring bunch. We love to laugh and celebrate wins together! But most importantly, we’re one of the most critical functions in our business. Our recruiters are people-focused individuals, they have the drive and calling to seek out the brightest talent who thrive in an ever-evolving environment. We’re looking for someone who has a knack for finding the most dynamic and unstoppable talent and providing a phenomenal candidate experience from start to finish, helping to create a diverse group of new Benchmates.
This position will be a part of our Growth Recruitment team, meaning they will be a part of the team that recruits some of Bench’s most mission-critical roles. These are high-volume positions within our Operations, Go-to-market (GTM), and Internal Services teams; without them, Bench wouldn’t be able to scale our business and make a profound difference in the lives of one million people.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Planning and executing large scale hiring initiatives for our Growth roles
- Collaborating with hiring managers to build job specifics and write compelling job posts
- Reviewing applications, conducting preliminary interviews, organizing in-person interviews, reference checks, and generating offer letters using our in-house system
- Conducting proactive independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking and job posts to support our teams in their recruitment efforts
- Attending job and hiring fairs to spread the word about the wonderful world of Bench
- Building partnerships with universities and co-op programs to strengthen our future talent streams
- Using your creativity to further develop recruiting strategy and attract a wide range of candidates, while elevating the Bench brand
- Finding us unspeakably great humans who are a natural extension of the culture we’ve so carefully cultivated
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- An unrelenting desire to seek out the brightest and most “up to it” talent out there
- 2+ years full-cycle recruitment experience
- A people-centered approach: You understand that people are everything. You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly.
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what – you need to know the why! You are energized by challenging problems and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience with Greenhouse
- Experience with volume recruitment in a high-growth environment
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We’re open to hiring fully remote folks located in Alberta, BC, and Ontario.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.