Talent Poole / Talent Poole Consulting (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Executive Director will be primarily responsible for the following:
Leadership and Management
- Set vision and strategic direction for the organization and act as the chief spokesperson for RLJ
- Direct all RLJ Programs, Staff and Consultants
- Set and evolve policy goals and priorities, communicating those goals to the team and external stakeholders as needed.
- Hire, lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performing staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain systems to track progress, regularly evaluate key program components (i.e. finance, fundraising, communications, and administration) for communication to the Board, funders, and other stakeholders.
Fundraising and Communications
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new fundraising, communications, and partnership opportunities.
- Steward fundraising activities, including developing target lists, speaking to funders, attending events and cultivating relationships with donors.
- Oversee Communications Department, ensuring brand consistency and impact.
Strategic Partnerships and External Affairs
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates on RLJ priorities and program results, with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with partner organizations and key justice coalitions.
- Build partnerships with new coalitions, businesses, and CBOs.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- At least 7-10 years of executive or other leadership experience.
- Unwavering commitment to ending mass incarceration and eradicating racial discrimination in the carceral system.
- Strong fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling an outcomes-based organization.
- Excellence in organizational management. Including experience overseeing and directing a budget and managing quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Experience overseeing and directing organizational budgets.
- Ability to exercise high levels of discretion with confidential information, and sound judgment on matters related to team culture.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning.