KeepTruckin (501+ Employees, 39% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
The Enterprise Systems DevOps Engineer is responsible for the life cycle of Change Requests and deploying changes to Production for a number of applications in a Salesforce-centric ecosystem. The DevOps Engineer packages the implementation of a release in Git, merges with upstream work, resolves conflicts, coordinates tasks with the development team, maintains a pre/post deployment checklist and deploys to other sandboxes.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinating, managing, and executing weekly deployments into production
- Owning source and version control tools including their use, function, processes and procedures
- Resolving merge conflicts and maintain source control health from a DevOps perspective
- Release and Environment Management Processes:
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining a standardized release process using industry best practices and adopting change management processes
- Creating and implementing best in class processes of IT governance including environment management, release management, source code control management, and deployment methodologies
- Maintaining and enabling the team to use a CI/CD framework
- Post-Implementation Support:
- Performing first-line triage for resolving deployment issues and coordinating fixes with the implementation team
- Defining processes for monitoring production releases and providing clear visibility into the status of releases in both production and sandbox environments
- Logging, monitoring, and alerting deployment blockers/issues and implementing plans to mitigate future blockers
- Reporting & Metrics:
- Providing release reports to the broader Enterprise Systems team and end user groups
- Conducting post-implementation reviews that gauge success and determine whether to keep or revert changes
- Planning, designing, enforcing, and auditing policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems and data
- Communicating performance metrics and suggest plans for productivity and performance improvements
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of working experience in DevOps or a similar role
- 3+ years hands-on Salesforce experience
- Hands-on experience with a version control Systems (Bitbucket, Git lab, Git or similar )
- Hands-on experience executing Salesforce deployments
- Preferred Salesforce certifications: Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I, Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall projects, and all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, integration, user acceptance testing, maintenance
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.