LendingHome’s built-from-scratch technology simplifies every stage of the loan process, ensuring easy financing for both novice and experienced real estate investors.
LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts and minds of our customers by leveraging technology and data to solve their financing needs, and are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build and grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation’s largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
- Loans funded: More than $7 billion
- Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020
- Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
- Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
- Homes financed: About 32,000
- Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
- Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
LendingHome is reimagining the mortgage process from the ground up, and data is at the core of everything we do. As a Data Engineer, you will be immersed in some of the most fascinating data sets in the world. Your work is high-leverage as it impacts business strategies, loan operations, credit decisions, product offerings, and risk management.
The Role / Day to Day
- Engineer: Architect and own large parts of our complex loan origination platform and associated web applications.
- Maintain a high quality bar: Champion code quality through peer-reviewed designs and code, focusing on test automation using unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
- Reduce Technical Debt: We allocate a certain percentage of each team’s time to tackling engineering initiatives focused on reducing tech debt. Every engineer contributes to these initiatives.
- Execute: Focus on delivering high impact initiatives that provide value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our design and product teams as well as with our business stakeholders to build the right solutions for our customers.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy.
- Define Technical Strategy: You’ll own technical strategy for broad or complex requirements and come up with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
- Build data pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources
- Manage and extend a reliable, effective, and scalable data infrastructure
- Work closely with data scientists, product engineers, and business stakeholders to understand business needs and design/maintain scalable data models
- Implement systems for monitoring data quality and consistency
- Productionize machine learning models that power our data products and integrate with our suite of financial products, including our loan origination platform
- 3-4+ years of applied big data experience
- Strong software engineering experience
- Advanced skills in Java/Scala/Python
- Expertise in distributed database/columnar data store (Redshift/BigQuery)
- Expertise in a modern data processing and workflow management framework (Airflow/Luigi/Azkaban)
- Understanding of dimensional modeling and familiarity with BI tools (Looker/Tableau)
- Experience in managing and publishing event sourced data (Kafka)
- Excellent teamwork and communication ability
- CS, Engineering, Math, or related quantitative discipline
- Mortgage background not required, but eager to learn the business
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don’t forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.