Paperspace (11-50 Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Paperspace powers next-generation applications built on GPUs.
Paperspace builds tools and infrastructure to make accelerated computing simple and accessible.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Battery Ventures, and Intel Capital.
The Gradient Platform team is responsible for the underlying platform that powers our MLOps platform, Gradient. Products like Notebooks, Workflows, and Deployments are supported by the platform as well as entities such as compute scheduling, storage providers, datasets, secrets, models, and metrics. The team’s goal is to provide a strong foundation so that application teams can efficiently develop MLOps products.
By joining the team, you’ll have a large impact in:
• The direction & focus of our products
• Our future company culture
• People that we hire
What we’re looking for
• Strong interest in development platforms, MLOps, CI/CD, infrastructure, or making products for technical teams
• Ability to make effective trade-offs in regards to both engineering and product requirements, while balancing short term and long term needs
• Experience with system, API, and infrastructure design using cloud concepts such as storage volumes, private networks, container scheduling, and Kubernetes
What you’ll be doing
• Create API endpoints using GraphQL and REST
• Implement MLOps platform features that integrate with Kubernetes supporting multiple clouds providers
• Integrate cloud capabilities with the platform such as storage, private networks, and load balancers
• Add and maintain integrations to platform entities such as storage providers, datasets, models, and metrics
• Ship product features from planning to launch to maintenance with high autonomy
• Collaborate with other engineers to find elegant architectures and solutions
Technical problems the team has worked on
• Integrating storage quotas with a distributed file system and Kubernetes
• Wrote a fluent-bit plugin in Rust to handle multi-tenancy authentication for logging
• Created a multi-node image cacher for Kubernetes that supports limits
• Created an architecture to store datasets with a unified interface to multiple S3 providers
• Created a user-facing YAML spec to be used for a workflow engine to support CI/CD primitives
• Created a terraform module for cluster provisioning and a CLI to facilitate installation
Paperspace values technical excellence in an open and inclusive environment. The team is primarily based in NYC, but we have a strong remote/hybrid team. Communication is paramount and mutual respect is at the core of our collaborative work environment. We are also committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe creating a more diverse team directly impacts our ability to collaborate effectively, build a better community, and produce better products.
• Multiple health care insurance options with premium plans in addition to vision and dental insurance plans
• 401(k) Plan with employer matching
• Commuter benefits with a contribution from the company
• Responsible Time Off Policy
• Generous and flexible parental leave
• Fitness & wellness benefit
• Remote friendly and hybrid office environment for New York team members
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.