R-Zero Systems (51-200 Employees, 1,000%+ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society approaches health in the built environment, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to create safer, healthier buildings for all. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to deliver healthier indoor spaces for all.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes health in the built environment.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a better future via better buildings. #LI-Remote
R-Zero is looking for a Research Engineer with a strong understanding of mathematics, physics and statistics. This role will focus on mathematical modeling and research work to support product development, design and validate product efficacy, and parts of software development.
What you’ll do
- Build mathematical models for physical products. Provide product support in design guidance, efficacy validation and optimization efforts. Work closely with hardware engineers and product managers in building world class disinfection devices.
- Investigate and conduct experiments for real-life product efficacy validation. Utilize scientific instruments to provide scientific insights. Apply statistical analysis to data collection in order to draw digestible conclusions.
- Work with world’s leading experts in understanding epidemiological models, human behavior models, UVC light simulations and healthy building solutions.
- Apply and develop a large set of tools for computer simulation, risk assessment, ray tracing, CFD calculations etc. Work with software engineers in developing python and C/C++ tools.
- Think critically in connecting customer’s needs, product requirements and scientific evidence. Work with cross functional teams in providing support. Follow software and hardware development processes.
What We’re Looking For:
- Master degree or Phd degree in science or engineering. Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Mathematics or Physics preferred.
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics, strong mathematical skills: linear algebra, differential equations, numerical calculation.
- Experience in computer programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Matlab, and R.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and experience in data science, such as regression, statistical tests, and machine learning techniques.
- Ability to conduct research independently, including reading scientific papers, writing analysis reports, performing experiments, and validating conclusions.
- A drive to learn in different scientific fields and the ability to connect and synthesize various information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
This position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture.
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two.
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one.
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key.
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one.
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important.
- Unlimited time off.
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team.
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.