Trimble (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Provide Technical Revenue Accounting guidance to the organization
• Function as a key business partner to the divisional finance controller and senior sales executive on matters impacting Revenue Recognition and the order to revenue process
• Review, analyze and interpret contracts to render optimum revenue accounting advice and draft the corresponding required accounting memos/whitepaper
• Assist sales force in structuring unique transactions and sales programs while satisfying GAAP requirements for revenue recognition
• Ensure that the business divisions have necessary revenue information and help implement best practices to support the revenue recognition and the order to cash process
• Provide input that will help drive process efficiencies for the order to cash process
• Develop internal controls procedures and ensure compliance within the SOX 404 framework
• Help coordinate quarterly and annual audit requirements.
• Be the process integration lead for revenue recognition/order to cash for mergers and acquisitions within the divisions that are supported
• Work with IT and revenue accounting/analytics group on improving the back-end revenue recognition process
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• Experience in the application of ASC 606 with 3+ years of experience in detailed review of revenue transactions
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant work experience
• Advanced skills in Excel/spreadsheet modeling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to influence and negotiate with others
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to partner effectively with all levels of management
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• CPA preferred
• M&A Experience a plus
• Experience with ASC 340-40 preferred
• Salesforce, Oracle 11i, Revpro, BI experience a plus
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D