2Coms / 2COMS Consulting (501+ Employees, 30% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This is a remote position.
Our client is a leading global non-profit organization that tries to make research information more accessible for everybody. They are supporting a global community of organizational members, mainly universities and libraries, across 48 countries.
What they do is create identifiers for different types of information, mainly research and add metatags so that can more easily be found. They don’t own the data but help their members make their data more visible so that collaborations between research can advance faster.
The organization develops its solution with different code languages and most sources are connected via API.
As a backend Application Developer, you will be working in a small DevOps team to make sure.
Experience : 3+ Years as ReactFront end Developer
- Minimum 3 years of experience with developing Ruby.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with relational databases, like MySQL and creating API’s
- Hands-on experience developing, deploying, and maintaining web applications, including system administration, error tracking, and support.
- Excellent communication skills, and the flexibility that is needed for working in a small, distributed team.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python or Java
- Experience with search engines like Elastic Search
- Experience working within the cloud environment of AWS
Why work for our client:
- You help to connect the world of research so that we as a world can improve
- You get to work from everywhere, fully remote position.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- 30 days vacation time annually on top of the national holidays and 1 day paid extra for volunteer work of your choice.
- Option to work in co-working with a paid contribution from us.
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday, we are an evolving community and team
- – A very fun and exciting team of people. Last month we all gathered in the Netherlands to have a few days of team building.
- Adaptable – We embrace change and uncertainty and work together to adapt to new situations
- 30 days of annual leave & country’s holiday
- Fully remote job