Stacker (11-50 Employees, 273% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Stacker Media is seeking a S/VP Revenue to lead their rapidly scaling branded content studio, directly overseeing a business that has grown 500% to $4M in ARR in the last 12 months. From defining go-to-market strategy and managing P&L, to leading the team and collaborating on new product offerings, you’ll be responsible for building on the traction for our brand Studio and operationalizing customer revenue channels. As the business unit leader, you’ll be responsible for setting the go-to-market strategy and overseeing all sales, account management, and integrated customer support teams, and report directly to the COO. This is a full-time leadership role and the successful candidate will have a proven track record at a growth stage company with experience architecting and managing an organization from $5M to $20M in revenue growth. We are also a company that cares deeply about its people and this candidate should have a reputation for mentorship, accountability and should be a magnet for similarly high-integrity, high-performance talent.
Stacker is a new media company excited by the future of journalism. Every day, our efforts center on developing new and more sustainable ways to produce, distribute, and fund great storytelling that contextualizes our world and drives impact for news publishers big and small. We do this through a number of ways—from our tech-forward storytelling method and freely accessible newswire, to offering a structured avenue for non-publisher organizations to participate and contribute to quality journalism.
Our ultimate mission is to empower the world’s publishers: through a commitment to provide free access to great storytelling and by championing innovation in how journalism is done, we enable our national- and local-scale publishing partners to engage their audiences and focus on their own original reporting.
As a bootstrapped company, we’re a resourceful team focused on building an inclusive, equitable culture around shared values of integrity, ownership, and collaboration. Building for the future is reflected in the way we work: we are remote-first, embrace flexible schedules, and offer competitive benefits and perks including unlimited vacation, an employee equity program, heath & dental coverage, and 401(k) matching.
We’re always looking for curious, media-minded thinkers to join the team. We encourage women, people of color, veterans, people with disabilities and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
You’re entrepreneurial and a natural seller, with the ability to set, communicate, and execute a strategic vision. You’re a collaborative business leader with strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue growth. You’re enthusiastic about leading a multi-functional organization and working in an early-stage, high-growth environment. You’re an inspiring and creative leader excited about the opportunity to scale a proven business from “1 to 100” and achieve the next stage of growth.
- Operationalize and execute the Studio go-to-market strategy; today we have 50+ paying customers, and aim to grow the business 5-10x over the next 2-3 years
- Own and drive Studio business KPIs, including net new customers, revenue retention, and top-line revenue growth
- Develop commercial growth strategies testing & scaling new revenue growth strategies, including sales channels, upsell initiatives, and B2B marketing
- Hire and recruit senior talent to scale the commercial organization
- Work directly with the COO to develop and iterate on our core offering; lead go-to-market for newly developed product lines
- Collaborate directly with the business leaders across Editorial, Research, and Distribution on the company’s B2B growth plans
- Directly manage and develop the current sales and customer success teams; you’ll oversee a lean team of 9 people with plans to scale 20+ people in the next 6-12 months
- Provide support on strategic sales and key account conversations to ensure enterprise revenue growth for Studio
- Rethink process and operational challenges for Studio business, working with teams to better systems and tools to help manage future scale
- Active role on the Stacker leadership team responsible for defining company strategy, forecast, OKRs, and business KPIs
- Build and maintain a customer-driven organization
- 10+ years of operating experience in a sales, AM, or business strategy environment and 5+ years experience managing a team; demonstrated success scaling commercial teams is a major plus
- Customer driven mindset with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Experience hiring and developing high performing sales and/or customer success teams
- Autonomous self-starter with a bias for action; capable of delivering results without direction
- Entrepreneurial with a willingness to wear multiple hats
- Decisive with the ability to manage change and ambiguity
- Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
- Low ego and a strong instinct for collaboration
Employee wellbeing is top of mind for the Stacker team. We offer the following for benefits to all team members:
- Competitive Base
- Equity Stock Option Program
- Full Health & Dental Coverage
- Fully Remote Team
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Matching
- 3 Months of Paid Family Leave
- Weekly Meal Expense
- $250 Annual Education Stipend + StackerU continuous learning curriculum
- Annual Team Offsites
- Monthly Virtual Social Events
- Awesome team culture!
Stacker is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive newsroom that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage women, people of color, veterans, people with disabilities and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Stacker is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.