Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively: 900,000+ learners have taken more than over 7M class hours. We’ve more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 118 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $130M since founding with most of that still in the bank. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative edtech company in the world and in the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We’re committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need. In addition, Outschool has created an Educator Endowment Fund in appreciation for these teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
Our product and expertise have become central to many families, educators and organizations and will continue to provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their interests in 2021 and beyond.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated (outbound) Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing Business to Business (B2B) team at Outschool.
Working with schools and districts is new for Outschool but we are gaining momentum. As the SDR, you will have the chance to impact the bottom line by generating revenue as you identify new customer opportunities. You will be joining a team of EdTech professionals and former educators who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of young learners. You will collaborate with Account Executives and will perform market research to identify new potential customers and qualify leads through independent prospecting and relationship building.
- First point of contact for new prospects and determine the next steps for each moving forward
- Execution of targeted outbound lead generation campaigns in coordination with Account Execs and Sales leadership in order to hit or exceed your goal of generating over 10 sales qualified leads (SQLs) per month
- Documentation of all progress and contact information in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (HubSpot)
- Engagement of qualified leads through email, social media, and phone to initiate dialogue with the goal of scheduling meetings for the sales team
- Developing, testing, and documentation of email narratives and talk-tracks that provide predictable, consistent, and continually better engagement from prospective customers
- Collaboration with Account Executives to target key states and regions
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- At least 6 months of outbound SDR experience at a dynamic B2B startup company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive for finding, securing, and providing value to target accounts
- Empathetic and charismatic personality, with a proven ability to build and nurture relationships and follow-up
- Solid understanding of how to develop sales pipelines through outbound/inbound activity, and utilizing CRM software to aid in engagement
- Experience with additional CRMs such as SalesLoft, ZoomInfo or other data enrichment experience is a strong plus
- Demonstrable desire to learn and embrace new concepts
- Self-motivated for hitting personal and team goals
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and passion for working in a self-guided way at a startup
- Familiarity with BANT, MEDDIC, or similar sales qualification frameworks is preferred
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.