Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
We are looking for a talented and competitive Sales Development Representative that thrives in a fast-growing New Business team.
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives, and will be responsible for generating a significant quantity of quality leads to the New Business team.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of business development or inside sales experience delivering quality leads to highly motivated sales teams.
This is a remote role, based on the West Coast of the USA.
A typical day could include some of:
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings.
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions.
- Clearly communicating Octopus’ value propositions to prospects and learning about their needs to see if there’s a good fit.
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward.
- Collaborate with sales teams by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each meeting.
- Reaching out to leads captured and nurtured by the Marketing Team to book demonstrations.
- Provide feedback to the Marketing Team regarding the quality of marketing-sourced leads.
- Provide support to the New Business team as needed.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if:
- You live on the West Coast of the USA and have full working rights.
- Can demonstrate previous experience with a technology or SaaS product – essential.
- Ability to anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Monitor and attend meetings with prospects while handling the introductions and follow-up with the Account Executives.
- Able to think strategically and tactically. Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Ability to speak with C-suites, Engineering Managers, and Procurement teams at an early stage and ask intelligent questions.
- Organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.A sense of urgency and persistence.
- Prior lead generation and/or sales prospecting experience is a must.
- Have experience using sales development platforms to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches.
- Ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day.
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strive to continuously improve your sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive, salary-based remuneration. No commission
- Private health and dental careLaptop and home office allowance
- Generous 401k plan
- Career growth as we are expanding rapidly
- Monday to Friday hours
- A supportive team where everyone is encouraged to contribute
We’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us about you and why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We’ve become the “best in class” tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 120+ wonderful people.
We’re a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever, while enjoying the journey and doing work that we’re proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia’s second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we’ve spread to other parts of Australia, the US, and UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home, so we’ve built a remote-first culture.
We’ve made our company handbook public, and it’s a great guide to how we think about just about everything – including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.