Trail of Bits (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Trail of BitsTrail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.RoleThe sales engineer will work alongside the account manager to manage all inbound sales leads, retain existing clients relationships and expand key customer interactions. The main responsibility of a sales engineer will be to manage client expectations, oversee the process of service delivery, and ensure that all customer needs are sufficiently met in a timely fashion.The sales engineer will serve as the single Trail of Bits point of contact for individual clients and will help liaise with the customer project team, our internal project managers and engineers to drive the success of each engagement. The sales engineer will stay closely aligned throughout the engagement to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. The sales engineer will collaborate with technical team members to ensure the techncial nature of each engagement is fulfilled, while following an organized and repeatable sales process lifecycle. They will provide process improvement recommendations and serve as the driver for building new internal sales processes to best serve the needs of our customers and Trail of Bits.
- Independently host all kick-off sales calls to gather client qualifications, needs and expectations with a focus on our blockchain pipeline.
- Determine the technical needs of customers and successfully sell the Trail of Bits services which best addresses these needs.
- Cultivate trust with prospective customers.
- Prioritize strategic and high-profile client opportunities to work alongside Trail of Bits leadership to ensure their success.
- Collaborate with the sales coordinator for all client communications, schedules, quote generation and sales negotiations.
- Partner with the project managers to ensure accurate engineer resource alignment based on the needs of the customer and project.
- Manage the workflow and data management of the Trail of Bits CRM.
- Foster client relationships as the Trail of Bits single point of contact.
- Research prospective client accounts to expand Trail of Bits reach in the industry.
- Continuously expand cybersecurity consulting, sales and engineering knowledge.
- 4+ years of B2B sales experience with technical solutions.
- Previous account management experience required.
- Experience collaborating with project managers and engineers.
- General understanding of how software is built.
- Experience selling cybersecurity software solutions or consulting services preferred.
- Strong ability to understand technical customer needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starter.
- Charismatic personality to engage our customers.
- Must be US or Canada-based.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We’re at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through JustWorks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership.
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Moving expenses: $5,000k one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers and above.
- Options for coworking space (some restrictions may apply).
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year.
- 14 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
- Manage your student loans right alongside your 401(k) in Betterment.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusionTrail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.