Fors Marsh Group (201-500 Employees, 40% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a mid-level medical writer/editor to join a multi-disciplinary team and support the development of a range of content for health communications initiatives and campaigns, related to cardiovascular disease, cancer, substance use disorder, blood diseases/disorders and other topics. This position in within our Marketing and Outreach Division, supporting federal health projects.
The selected individual will collaborate with health communication researchers, program strategists, and creative directors to translate complex health information into plain-language health topics, in addition to other forms of compelling content for various audiences including the public, health care providers, researchers, and policy makers.
- Supporting development of plain language content on complex biomedical health topics for a variety of audiences.
- Writing and editing for fact sheets, web pages, scientific journals, speeches, reports, and many other products.
- Producing drafts of each written document for review by SMEs and senior project managers before submission to clients.
- Adjusting content to meet the needs of targeted populations and health consumers.
- Conducting background research to inform content development.
- M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in a biomedical field with five (5) or more years of professional medical writing/editing experience with a range of health/science topics.
- Ability to translate technical scientific content into plain language for multiple audiences.
- Professional writing and editing experience that includes new content writing, tightening, and one-voicing drafts.
- Experience with identifying and writing glossary terms, crosschecking in-text citations, and annotating references.
- Comfort adhering to style guides, governing writing requirements documents, using templates, and adhering to government clearance processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outstanding content on tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a federal government contracting environment.
- Ability to make an impact on people’s live, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.