HealthVerity (51-200 Employees, 111% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
How you will help
As a part of our SecOps team, you will be at the front line of our security monitoring, risk assessment, escalation, and remediation processes. You will deep dive on security alerts, help tune monitoring and alerting systems, and investigate and analyze risks to our people, processes, systems, and data.
What you will do
• Manage and triage NIST 800-53, FedRAMP and related security issues and non-compliance events
• Manage compliance monitoring including inventory, vulnerability management, POA&M and continuous monitoring and reporting and other recurring compliance activities
• Lead and support security policy and procedure maintenance and documentation improvements
• Manage security information gathering (SIG) requests by ensuring accurate and timely vendor and data partner responses
• Lead and support annual third-party assessment organization and other 3rd-party risk assessment activities
• Assist with coordination required security training activities
• Lead and support contingency planning and incident response testing and training.
• Security is a priority in everything you do
• Hold basic familiarity with HIPAA, NIST 800-53 and security compliance frameworks
• Keep up to date on data science tools and distributed computing methodologies
• Familiar with scalable and/or cluster compute architectures
• Know the relevance of monitoring and measuring systems to identify challenges and risks
• Comfortable with Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, or similar languages.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 2-5 years information security and/or system administration experience under Linux-focused on patching, configuration management, and vulnerability remediation
• ISC2, SANS or similar security certifications
• Working knowledge of Nmap, Nessus, OpenVPN, tcpdump, OpenSSL and other security related tools
• Comfortable with scripting in Python and Bash
• Understanding of data network configuration and infrastructure concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, routers, internet/intranet/extranet, firewalls, web servers and security hierarchy including the application of encryption key infrastructures and authentication processes.
HealthVerity security team members are trustworthy company advisors. As such, we will ask for your certification details in order to verify authenticity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you’ll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote