Empatica (51-200 Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Empatica is an affective computing company focused on human data analytics based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Milan, Italy.
We are a digital healthcare company specialized in building AI systems to monitor people’s health. We have been making beautifully designed wearables, software platforms and tools, and advanced algorithms, unlocking better health outcomes for thousands of people.Our customers range from some of the world’s largest institutions to individual users who message us every day and tell us how our products changed their lives. Our newest wearable, EmbracePlus, is sponsored by NASA and will be used to monitor the health of the astronauts onboard the first ever manned mission to Mars. Pharmaceutical companies are using our research platform to fast-track the development of new treatments, while hundreds of academic researchers publish new discoveries on human behavior weekly, all made possible by our E4 smartband and software tools.
And we just partnered with the US’ Department of Health and Human Services to accelerate the release our wearable COVID-19 early detection system.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced growth environment and do meaningful work that can really make a change in people’s lives, keep reading.
As a Security Engineer at Empatica you will help the team in designing, implementing, and monitoring security measures for the protection of our cloud infrastructure, data, and services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze Empatica core infrastructure and services, seeking for improvements on a continuous basis
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of cloud systems, networks and information
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity needs
You are the ideal person for this job if you have:
- Proven work experience as a Security Engineer or similar role
- BSc in Engineering, or any relevant experience
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and cloud security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
You and Empatica would be a perfect match if you are:
- A very quick learner
- Fun and easy to work with
- A hard-worker and collaborative
- A doer, with an excellent execution mindset
- Proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- An outstanding planner, with excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Focused on quality and excellence
- Flexible in terms of working time
- A problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Passionate about our products and our mission
Life at Empatica
You will join a fast-growing, diverse team of 80+ brilliantly talented humans, who care passionately about what we do and the difference we are making in the world. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with engineers, data scientists, and designers, across all levels of the organization.
At Empatica, we believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We also believe in flexibility, so you will have the opportunity to work remotely in this position.
All you need to do is show us that you have skills and that you are a team player. Once you join our team as a Security Engineer, you will have full control of your schedule and can decide when you’ll work from the comfort of your home or when you’ll prefer to mingle with your awesome team members in the office.
If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won’t be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
- Highly competitive salary
- We have offices in Milan City Center and Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy
- Free lunch – yes, being in Italy, it’s something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- Your personal MacBook
- Flexible working hours
- Free, superior Italian coffee – of course
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more…
At Empatica, we support the personal and professional growth of our employees. Beyond the above, you’ll have the possibility to attend conferences, receive dedicated training, and participate in activities relevant to where you want your career to go.