Hyperproof (51-200 Employees, 271% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world is exploding with data. As cyber threats grow daily, companies are trying to manage and secure all of their sensitive data while struggling to comply with increasing regulations. Employees waste precious time by trying to manage compliance with tools like Excel and email, which don’t scale in this complex space, leading to enormous risks, regulatory fines, lowered stock price, and compromised reputation. Not only must they figure out which standards matter, but they must also determine if and how they can to meet these standards with confidence. Companies need a better way to keep their promises and safeguard your sensitive data.
Enter Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact. It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof. We recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations that help organizations build trust through proof.
This is where you come in. Hyperproof is creating advanced solutions with hosted services that leverage the latest technologies including cloud-based microservices, containerization, machine learning, adaptive process automation, and more. We’re growing our team, and are looking for a passionate and innovative security software engineer to take the lead in making Hyperproof safe and secure.
Our product is used by auditors, managers, and users with a broad range of skills and experiences. In the compliance space, expectations are very high for us to deliver “best in class” application and data security. Customers trust Hyperproof to manage and store their most sensitive data. As a member of our highly-experienced engineering team, you’ll lead the charge in security best practices, including, but not limited to, threat modeling, software analysis, securing Kubernetes, intrusion detection, and more. You’ll leverage your security expertise to ensure the Hyperproof product maintains a “best in class” security posture. Our product has a multi-tiered architecture using the latest technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, React, Java, and C# just to name a few. There’s literally no shortage of opportunities to hone and grow your technical skills in our highly-collaborative startup environment.
- Review code in order to improve software security providing input on all levels of application architecture
- Organize on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Research, recommend, and operate security software including both static and dynamic scanning, firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection and more
- Be an expert in security testing, tools, and techniques and share your knowledge and skills with the rest of the engineering team
- Understand and improve our role-based access control system
- Work closely with external vendors to run periodic penetration and application security tests
- Help develop appropriate annual security training for both engineers and other employees across the organization
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain the overall company’s software security strategy in partnership with our director of compliance
- Stay informed about new tools and best practices of the industry to keep Hyperproof secure
- 2-5 years of experience in a software engineering role including exposure to design and coding at a component level
- Ability to quickly shift gears to learn and apply new, relevant technologies to the problems at hand
- Comfort with asynchronous programming, experience in at least one of Node.Js, Typescript, Java, Go, C#, C++
- Passion and experience delivering software with the “abilities”- scalability, reliability, operability etc
- Familiarity with securing Azure, AWS and/or Google cloud services
- Experience on an agile team and agile methods including Scrum or Kanban.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or similar is required
Nice to Have
- Relevant certifications in security software, applications, and services
- Familiarity with website instrumentation and logging to understand customer usage and application behavior
We Live Our Core Values Every Minute of Every Day
At Hyperproof we live our core values every minute of every day. We believe they are critical to our success today and tomorrow. Below are our core values. Read through them and if you see yourself in our values, let’s talk!
Always Authentic: We keep it real. We believe in constructive honesty in all facets of our work. Whether it is our customers, prospective customers, partners, or fellow Hyperproofers we state the facts versus telling people what they want to hear. Each of us are who we are regardless of the context. No playing politics and no BS. Just healthy, constructive, reality-based discourse.
We Keep Our Promises: We make every effort to meet our commitments. If we’re unable to meet a commitment, we let others know right away. We consistently create methods to prioritize our work so we can meet our commitments. We commit ONLY when we intend to follow through, not as a tactic to move the discussion forward.
Customer Obsessed: We start with customer needs and work backwards. We seek to collect customer data (when it is available) before making decisions. We regularly and proactively seek customer feedback on designs, offers and other work products.
Measure and Adjust: We take every opportunity to define, publish and update metrics. We seek to measure and improve as we continue to invest in activities. We are willing to propose modifications when the data demands it.
Continuously Innovate: We seek to understand before we act. We challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches. We embrace change. We often revisit previous trade-offs and apply new innovations.
Make Decisions We Are Proud Of: We only make decisions we would be willing to share with our parents. We speak out when we see others making decisions that compromise our values. We act like everyone is watching even when they are not.
Simplify: Our code, written and verbal communication are pithy and focused. We research and iterate, thus doing “the hard work of being simple”. We revisit our previous work to simplify it as it grows. We simplify by staying focused and not over-extending / under-delivering.
Win As a Team: We prioritize succeeding as a team and an organization over-optimizing for individual objectives. We provide timely feedback to others when feedback is solicited. We are intentional about fostering an inclusive work environment. We speak our minds respectfully so we can be heard by others. We demonstrate listener empathy so others feel safe sharing their honest feedback. As leaders, we don’t dictate. Instead, we empower our team to do their best work. We recognize others’ contributions in a timely manner.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only finding talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
-Unlimited PTO (and we actually take it)
-401k and match so you can start saving for the future immediately
-Medical and Vision insurance
-Quarterly Wellness benefit
-Company get-togethers to meet your remote peers
-Remote stipend to make sure you are 100% equipped for the job ahead
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. close