BlackLine (501+ Employees, 51% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Get to Know Us:
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing!
At Blackline, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Sr. Account Director is responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting to closing business. This role is selling BlackLine’s products to Controllers & CFOs of large corporations with annual revenue greater than $750 million. The Sr. Account Director is assigned an account list to manage, develop and market BlackLine’s solutions to secure new business in our Software-as-a-Service business model. Working in collaboration with sales leadership and the sales operations team, the Sr. Account Director engages with VP, Sr. VP and C-level contacts within prospective customers developing relationships and closing business at or above expected and assigned levels per period.
You’ll Get To:
- Achieve annual sales targets and average monthly revenue quotas on a consistent basis. Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Selling on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Uncovering business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Building account strategy and territory plan by account tiering
- Collaborating with and leveraging Marketing & Business Development to maximize revenue production
- Creating demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our value proposition
- Having a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Collaborate with other BlackLine teams including pre-sales, value engineering, product, operations, and legal.
- Ensures opportunities are accurately reflected and maintained in SalesforceParticipate in higher level sales training as defined by RVP that is commensurate with current sales experience
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience successfully selling Enterprise software deals, new logo sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, IT, Finance or MBA preferred
- Exhibits “hunter” mentality and possesses outstanding ability to close sales.
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing a territory
- Account planning and execution skills
- History of successfully selling C-Level and across both IT and business units
- Strong technical aptitude
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment with a rapidly growing SaaS organization
- Adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to listen and apply new learnings from your manager and teammates
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Experience selling SaaS software to large corporations
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS industry, accounting background a bonus
- Independent work ethic with a strong ability to communicate often to/with the RVP
- Clear understanding of a team-based sale, utilizing strong networking skills
- Proven record of expertise in closing net new opportunities.
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world’s most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiner’s continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.