Velir (51-200 Employees, 10% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Client Services team is essential to the health and growth of our business. They have a keen understanding of the verticals and technologies that Velir specializes in, are excellent relationship and project managers, and possess outstanding communication skills. Whether writing a scope, facilitating a client workshop or ensuring the flawless execution of a cutting- edge digital experience, folks in Client Services are curious, adaptable and adept at spotting opportunities to make it all better.
Senior Account Executives are responsible for overall client satisfaction for medium-large clients. They are responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout a series of projects. They are committed to gaining an understanding of the industry verticals that our clients operate in (as well as their political realities), and are dynamic, effective team leaders who naturally engender trust and motivate others. A Senior Account Executive is capable of recognizing issues that put a project or account at risk and bringing in the appropriate people to help resolve the issue.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Possess a deep knowledge about our clients’ business, hierarchy and customers
- Cultivate and nurture client relationships at the day-to-day level.
- Acting as the voice of the client/brand ambassador for the cross-functional team, actively participate in strategy development for all projects
- Lead client meetings and participate in workshops. Can present agency work confidently and persuasively.
- Review all client-facing deliverables and ensure they are of the highest quality and meet/exceed expectations prior to client reviews
- Ensure favorable scope and terms of contracts for all portfolio accounts, actively negotiating when necessary
- Partner with Producers to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of active work and on the estimation and proposal process for new contracts
- Identify and navigate project risks
- Informed by a thorough understanding of clients’ needs and business objectives as well as Velir’s service offerings, identify and sell through new opportunities within assigned portfolio
- Contribute to New Business as needed- RFP/RFI responses, stand ups and case studies
- Maintain account plans within assigned portfolio, emphasizing high-growth prospects, specific target accounts, and categories for development
- Partner with Producers, Finance and Senior leadership to maintain financial health of assigned portfolio on an ongoing basis as well as roadmap and forecast revenue
- Serve as an escalation point for project teams and involve the right Velir leadership members in resolving project risk
- Act as a mentor for and possibly manager of junior staff
Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2-3 years in the Digital Agency industry or related experience, developing interactive projects and managing client work
- Understanding of strategy, design, and web development
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client
- Developing negotiation skills with a strong aptitude for growth
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Solid understanding of project management, workflow and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies.
- Knowledge of quality assurance process is required.
- Financial acumen and advanced insight into business processes
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated experience running medium to large engagements
- Experience with various projects types including: full life-cycle web CMS development, Web Design and Agile
- Proven experience navigating difficult political environments
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.