Accruent (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Accounting team:
The Accounting department is a great place for learning and adapting to changes mainly due to acquisitions. They are the guardians of the financial data and assets of the company while working closely with the Finance department. Stagnant is not a word you would describe this team and they are constantly working on projects to improve and automate processes. They work hard but also maintain a fun and light-hearted environment to keep the business running. If you’re drawn to teams being proactive versus reactive, then the Accounting department may be a fit for you.
We are seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to assist with the company’s accounting and revenue functions including reviewing contracts for revenue recognition determination, reconciling complex GL accounts including various deferred revenue accounts, researching and resolving issues and ensuring compliance with US GAAP. The Senior Revenue Accountant will review current contracts, participate in weekly deal reviews, and participate in the ASC 606 implementation. This position provides excellent exposure to management and great opportunity for upward mobility.
Accruent focuses on growing and developing world class talent. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for revenue, accounting and continuing to grow their skills and career. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy being and helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Revenue and will be a remote/work from home opportunity.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Review Revenue contracts (primarily Hosting/SaaS and Service), sales orders and renewals to determine proper revenue recognition accounting treatment
- Record and/or review revenue transactions in the accounting system
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close activities
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Manage complex accounts that require research in multiple systems and connecting with process owners
- Streamline existing policies, processes, controls, and recommend value-adding changes; initiate, assist, and implement automation whenever possible
- Research technical accounting guidance and propose accounting conclusions
What you bring to the table:
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Excellent project management skills, ability to be hands-on, multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions based on US GAAP
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to think critically and learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field
- Progressive accounting experience, preferably a mix of public accounting/private experiences
- Big 4 accounting preferred
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- SaaS/Multiple-element arrangement revenue recognition experience
- Ability to review and interpret contracts
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Advanced excel skills to create data analysis and take large amounts of data and make it understandable
- Experience with international transactions as well as acquisitions a plus
- Prior experience with Intacct and/or Salesforce is a plus
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam – and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries – we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development – and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride – even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.