Anchorage Digital (201-500 Employees, 265% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Anchorage Digital makes it simple and secure for institutions to build products and gain exposure to digital assets as the first federally chartered digital asset bank. With secure custody at its core, Anchorage is the premier partner for institutions and corporations. Anchorage offers financial solutions for today and tomorrow. Learn more at anchorage.com.
Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible through Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021.
Anchorage Digital raised $350 million in a December 2021 Series D funding round that valued Anchorage at over $3 billion. Led by global investment firm KKR, other participants included Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, Apollo credit funds, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Blockchain Capital, GIC, Lux Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thoma Bravo and Wellington Management. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. With an emphasis on security and usability, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for institutions across the world to participate in crypto. Our team brings together the brightest minds from security, finance, and distributed systems to build the infrastructure of a new financial system. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.Reporting to the Accounting Lead, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for month-end close tasks, reconciliations and assisting in the development and implementation of accounting processes for crypto derivatives and loan products.
As a Senior Accountant you will:
- Assist in month end close activities for multiple legal entities
- Record journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and prepare monthly and quarterly equity and payroll expense workpapers for the Company’s payroll and equity-related accounts
- Work with internal and external auditors for year-end audits
- Maintain integrity of balance sheet accounts through preparation and review of reconciliations, verifying account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness
- Responsible for monthly close process for all digital asset accounts from reconciliation through assessment of impairment
- Assist in developing and implementing accounting processes for crypto derivatives and loan products
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in external audit processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data
- Assist in accounting for Internal Capitalized Software
- Maintain documentation for accounting team including but not limited to close checklists, tax compliance calendar, quarterly reporting deliverables
- Support implementation and design of new financial and accounting software and integration tools
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a combination of audit/financial accounting/technical accounting (at a high-growth pre-IPO startup a plus)
- You have working knowledge of US GAAP
- You have working knowledge of equity accounting (SBC, financial statement disclosures, etc) a plus
- You’re familiar with standard payroll reports and previous payroll experience
- You’re familiar with NetSuite, Blackline, or Carta
- You’re familiar with GAAP accounting standards such as: ASC 260, ASC 718, ASC 805, as well as different types of equity awards and equity programs a plus
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards such as: ASC 260, ASC 718, ASC 805, as well as different types of equity awards and equity programs a plus
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have a BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance, CPA strongly preferred
- You’ve kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations
- You have experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Oracle
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system 🙂
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives. Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.