Glorious (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are located near Dallas, Texas and this is a 100% Remote (Work From Home) position. This position is only open to candidates in the US.
Who is Glorious?
Glorious is a lifestyle gaming hardware company that was built by passionate enthusiasts on a mission. We develop pro-grade, high-quality gear that gives every gamer the chance to play at an ascended level.
Candidates from anywhere in the US are welcome to apply and possibly become part of an amazing line-up of team members dedicated to pushing the boundaries of possibility and shifting the PC gaming industry’s status quo! We offer attractive salary and benefits packages along with the chance to work within an environment where you will have the freedom and flexibility to take the reins on your career. So, if you’re someone who wants to see real career growth while testing your skills in a fast-paced environment free of micromanagement, then this is the place for you!
The Finance and Accounting department at Glorious is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support (i) Preparing and recording daily accounting and bookkeeping entries, (ii) Directly assisting with the completion of our accounting month-end close process, and (iii) Preparing reports and analysis to support the company’s financial decision-making. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with an excellent work ethic and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to change.
As a Senior Accountant, you will have a direct impact on bottom-line growth for the company and be directly responsible for preparing monthly adjusting journal entries, completing monthly GL account reconciliations, preparing monthly trend and variance analysis explanations, ensuring operating expenses are coded accurately, researching and resolving accounting issues, and assisting with periodic reporting. This position will be critical in executing our core month-end close processes and procedures as well as system improvements including related software and ERP enhancement projects.
This role is 100% remote with some potential opportunities for team meetings in Dallas, TX.
Some of the duties that will be expected of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily and monthly review of P&L and Balance Sheet transaction entries to ensure an accurate set of books
- Prepare any required adjusting journal entries into the general ledger and complete monthly account reconciliations across key general ledger accounts
- Conduct analysis on allocation of expenses to the appropriate GL accounts as per company policy
- Regular review and tie-out analysis of sales to determine if there are any coding errors in our general ledger and recommend corrections
- Support the analysis and reporting for management’s monthly financial review package
- Research and remain up-to-date on accounting issues for compliance in accordance with US GAAP
- Design accounting workflow and treatment for any new segment of operations
- Recognize and clearly communicate actionable opportunities for financial performance and continuous process improvements across the company
- Assist and support external tax CPA firm, professional advisors and internal finance and accounting support requests
The following must be met to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 3 years professional accounting and month-end close experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and application of US GAAP, trial balance, bookkeeping, and accounting month-end close journal entry preparation
- Experience with NetSuite Oracle functions including retrieving data, recording journal entries, invoices, credit memos, payments, receipts (both standalone or in bulk manual import), bank data import, reconciliation, etc.
- Ability to work with and compile large volumes of data into readable/presentable format
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and systems including experience with accounting software or other software platforms
- Ability to proactively advise/provide recommendation of proposed accounting treatment on various company’s actions
- Advanced knowledge and experience working in both Excel and Google Sheets including pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, charts/graphs, etc.
These are not required to be considered for the position, but will help:
- Advanced knowledge and experience working in Adobe Acrobat/PDF
- Experience in Google Workspace including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Mail, Google Calendar, and more.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis from Shopify, Amazon, eBay and PayPal reporting and analytics
- Experience in PC gaming industry or consumer electronics
- Passion for PC Gaming preferred
All candidates must be prepared to complete skills tests upon request.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- 100% Work From Home